4 clownfish in 6ft tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter eqbal9947
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eqbal9947

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
356
Location
Fort Mcmurray
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of 2 percula clowns who have "hosted" the top right corner of my tank
I would like a pair designer clowns.
Worth the risk? or will it likely end in disaster
 
I have a pair of 2 percula clowns who have "hosted" the top right corner of my tank
I would like a pair designer clowns.
Worth the risk? or will it likely end in disaster
The amount of space should provide a peaceful setting. Provide plenty of cover/hiding and introduce new pair either under low light or in an acclimation box
 
We have 2 breeding pairs in our 300. They both seem to have secured opposite corners but they often go visit each other with no aggressive nature showing.
Good luck.
 
I saw a 6’ 180 gallon with two pair of ocillarus clowns. The big female did not like having the other pair in HER TANK. She spent a good bit of the time running over to their side of the tank and whomping on one of them. I mean they coexisted but it was not harmonious. Maybe, just maybe in a 10’ tank. But it would be easier to give up and do one pair or two pairs each with their own tank.
 
I saw a 6’ 180 gallon with two pair of ocillarus clowns. The big female did not like having the other pair in HER TANK. She spent a good bit of the time running over to their side of the tank and whomping on one of them. I mean they coexisted but it was not harmonious. Maybe, just maybe in a 10’ tank. But it would be easier to give up and do one pair or two pairs each with their own tank.
I agree with this, in the wild most clowns claim territories that are huge! I mean, some could be of a similar or the same size as a small/medium house. I personally wouldn’t do it and would only go for 1 pair.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new