4 part doser milage

Hhaynie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i'm setting up a 20 gallon reef, and have a 4 part doser on the way. what are the best 4 additives to add in your opinion? I have reef fusion one and two (Seachem has yet to disappoint). Are there dosable coral foods? Any additives that you swear by?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many liquid dosable foods require refrigeration. I fed arctipods that way, and other foods, keeping them in a cold box.

When you set up dosing Seachem Reef Fusion, just be forewarned that it is not properly designed for 1:1 dosing so the two heads are likely to need different dosing speeds.

Organic carbon (such as vinegar) can be dosed by doser.

OP
OP
H

Hhaynie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many liquid dosable foods require refrigeration. I fed arctipods that way, and other foods, keeping them in a cold box.

When you set up dosing Seachem Reef Fusion, just be forewarned that it is not properly designed for 1:1 dosing so the two heads are likely to need different dosing speeds.

Organic carbon (such as vinegar) can be dosed by doser.
do you mean in terms of precipitation? Or that I just need to test and find the rate that keeps it at the right level? It's the Chihiros doser, so I can put each head on whatever setting I want. What does organic carbon do for the tank?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you mean in terms of precipitation? Or that I just need to test and find the rate that keeps it at the right level? It's the Chihiros doser, so I can put each head on whatever setting I want.

It means don't deliver the exact same alk and calcium dose based on alk measurements alone or calcium will slowly rise in most cases. For some reason, they put too much calcium in it:

OP
OP
H

Hhaynie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It means don't deliver the exact same alk and calcium dose based on alk measurements alone or calcium will slowly rise in most cases. For some reason, they put too much calcium in it:

ok, thanks for letting me know

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back