4 stage RO/DI system replacement kit options??

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS 4 stage RO/DI value plus system. I want to replace anything that I should replace on a regular basis, so my question is are there any recommended replacement kits or any preferred DI resin? Should I stick with the standard 5 micron sediment filter and 5 micron VOC carbon block?
BTW I get over 90psi pressure when I turn the valve on to start making water. I have to cut the manual inlet valve back just to get the pressure under the max pressure of 90psi.

Im also thinking of adding the water saver to this, what exactly does that piece do besides speeding up water production?

just want to make sure my water being used in my aquarium is as good as it gets.

Dale

B98A055C-3D01-473D-A406-AC0AED79F6AE.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you measuring the output water for TDS?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should replace carbon/filter blocks every 6 months - or when pressure drop across the filter blocks reduces your membrane pressure to <50# nominally (35# is limit but lower water volume). RO membranes replace every 2-3 years or when TDS out of membrane starts to rise (this gets into rejection rates - I really don't worry about that specific numbers as long my DI resin can still hit 0 ppm and TDS out is 95%ish of TDS in and membrane <3 years old).

If you're making enough good water now for your needs, no need to do anything.

If you're not making good water 0 ppm or burning through resin too fast- you can add more stages (3 stage DI or water saver) but it's not needed unless you have issue. I started with 4 - stage - burned through mixed media every 50 gallons so went to 3 stage DI - but only because I had to.

edited for more complete answer on membrane replacement

Last edited:

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS 4 stage RO/DI value plus system. I want to replace anything that I should replace on a regular basis, so my question is are there any recommended replacement kits or any preferred DI resin? Should I stick with the standard 5 micron sediment filter and 5 micron VOC carbon block?
BTW I get over 90psi pressure when I turn the valve on to start making water. I have to cut the manual inlet valve back just to get the pressure under the max pressure of 90psi.

Im also thinking of adding the water saver to this, what exactly does that piece do besides speeding up water production?

just want to make sure my water being used in my aquarium is as good as it gets.

Dale

B98A055C-3D01-473D-A406-AC0AED79F6AE.jpeg

If u hit the link on my build page, I have a several recent postings (with pics. lol) concerning your questions. Additionally, BRS has videos covering each of your questions. And has various upgrade and replacement kits on its website. gl

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back