4 tangs in a 150 gallon??

Dr. Suess210

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2019
Messages
38
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 4 juvenile tangs. 3 in QT, 1 in my DT.

My display tank has a 2.5” inch Blue tang that has been there for a year.
My QT has a 2.5” yellow tang, 3.5” Achilles, and 3.5” Powder Blue.

I have good filtration and so plenty of water changes, so I’m curious what everyone thinks about eventually adding those three tangs to my DT
 
Thanks for the of confidence. I was a little nervous
 
Last edited:
I have 5 tangs in my 6ft 135g. A sailfin, yellow tang, tomini tang, yellow eye kole tang, blond naso tang.

The tomini and yellow eye dont get very big at max size. The sailfin is ny biggest probly a good 9 or 10 inchs. But hes 5-6 years old so i dont think hes getting any bigger. The yellow tang is maybe 7 inchs and hes 6 years old as well.

The blond naso ive had for 2 years and got him at like 3 or 4 inchs. Hes probly about 6 or 7 now. Im not too worried about my tangs getting too big.

But i will say the amount of feeding for many large tangs is alot of food. They all get hungry fast and i have to feed 3-4 times a day. I also have a foxface thats about 9 inchs long now.

I have 5 orchid dottybacks. A purple tip dottyback. A royal gramma, neon wrasse, melenarous wrasse, cleaner wrasse. Rusty flame and potters angels all in this tank.
 

Attachments

  • 20210305_213713.jpg
    20210305_213713.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 232
I think it'll work out great, especially since you're adding the Achilles and PBT at the same time and they are larger than your existing hippo. Good luck with your beautiful additions.
 
I think it'll work out great, especially since you're adding the Achilles and PBT at the same time and they are larger than your existing hippo. Good luck with your beautiful additions.
Thank you!
 
My LFS said the purple tang will be issues with my already Yellow and Blue tang.

might be heading back this weekend now
 
Achilles tang needs a bigger tank and can be very aggressive

powder blue can also be very aggressive

add it last
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new