40 Gallon Breeder AIO Question

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently looking at the Fiji Cube AIO DIY kit where it is the "AIO" part and you just attach it to the back of the tank. I'm wondering how much and what plumbing I would need to do or is it just as simple as drilling a hole in the back of the tank and putting it on the tank. Also has anyone had any decent success with this set up?

Link to the part: https://www.fijicube.com/products/in-sump-40-gallon-breeder

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently looking at the Fiji Cube AIO DIY kit where it is the "AIO" part and you just attach it to the back of the tank. I'm wondering how much and what plumbing I would need to do or is it just as simple as drilling a hole in the back of the tank and putting it on the tank. Also has anyone had any decent success with this set up?

Link to the part: https://www.fijicube.com/products/in-sump-40-gallon-breeder
Ok so I’m not 100% sure on that specific kit but i took a quick look. That kit is just a drop in kit. I personally think I would silicone it in place but Fiji cube lists that you just drop it in. I believe the only part needed is the pump. Personally i would drill ur tank with something like the Eshops eclipse shadow M like I did on my 40breeder but that’s just me because I love the sump.
let me know if you have any questions

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m not 100% sure on that specific kit but i took a quick look. That kit is just a drop in kit. I personally think I would silicone it in place but Fiji cube lists that you just drop it in. I believe the only part needed is the pump. Personally i would drill ur tank with something like the Eshops eclipse shadow M like I did on my 40breeder but that’s just me because I love the sump.
let me know if you have any questions
Yeah so apparently you can just drop it in the tank and silicon seal it to the inside. As for the sump I would like to do a sump but I am trying to get a 40 gallon with filtration and everything for as cheap as I can get it. I'm still very new to the hobby and wouldn't a sump require me to get another light?
Also this one that I linked that you drop in does it have a skimmer in there? And would I have to get an ATO for a 40 gallon also?
Thanks

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so apparently you can just drop it in the tank and silicon seal it to the inside. As for the sump I would like to do a sump but I am trying to get a 40 gallon with filtration and everything for as cheap as I can get it. I'm still very new to the hobby and wouldn't a sump require me to get another light?
Also this one that I linked that you drop in does it have a skimmer in there? And would I have to get an ATO for a 40 gallon also?
Thanks
Sending you a pm. Not trying to clog this up. I’ll give you lots of info

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back