45 gallon fish suggestion

Bigrig67

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2021
Messages
45
Reaction score
14
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 45 gallon saltwater tank I took over and is a rescue tank.. all my levels are steady and have live sand and dry rocks that have been in the tank over 3-4 months now.. The rescue tank came with 2 clown fish and I have recently added a royal gramma basslet.. what fish should I look into? (Would love as many fish as possible)I am in the process of adding soft corals as well..

personal thoughts:

a hawk fish

A yellow banded possum wrasse

130A2ED7-CC20-4907-902F-EC2BBE8FC2D5.jpeg
 
If you want more fish I would add more rock. Very few fish swim far away from safety.
 
Upvote 0
I probably wouldn't do a hawkfish unless you have multiple other fish first, and a healthy rockscape, they are pretty aggressive. Couple of Blue Damselfish or a Pajama cardinal might be a good way to go!
 
Upvote 0
If you want more fish I would add more rock. Very few fish swim far away from safety.
Definitely needing to just need to find the correct aqua scape to fully maximize my tank
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new