pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so LFS? Where are you at?
It's not an online vendor but i got a tip from another person that their LFS had a bunch in a different state so i bought some from someone else's LFS lol. I wanted some more speciosa but had a hard time finding places selling them

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see Ocean Floor got a bamboo shark baby in yesterday?
I don't make it out there too often because it's like a 40 minute drive but that's pretty sweet! Next time you are there check out their display tank with the big eel in it, I donated my grouper to them and last I heard he was doing it well!

I'd love to keep a bamboo but they just get so big. 3-3.5 feet. This guy stays a bit smaller around 2ft

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't make it out there too often because it's like a 40 minute drive but that's pretty sweet! Next time you are there check out their display tank with the big eel in it, I donated my grouper to them and last I heard he was doing it well!

I'd love to keep a bamboo but they just get so big. 3-3.5 feet. This guy stays a bit smaller around 2ft
I was there yesterday for the $15 Foxface that was mislabeled... :grinning-squinting-face:

I walked in and said, "So I saw the ad. What's the price I'm actually going to pay?" They told me $150 so I politely declined and bought my wife some tetras and got some Reef Stew.

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was there yesterday for the $15 Foxface that was mislabeled... :grinning-squinting-face:

I walked in and said, "So I saw the ad. What's the price I'm actually going to pay?" They told me $150 so I politely declined and bought my wife some tetras and got some Reef Stew.
150 for a Foxface?!? Aquarium arts had a bunch yesterday for 50

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
150 for a Foxface?!? Aquarium arts had a bunch yesterday for 50
That's why I politely declined. Sometimes they have awesome sales, sometimes not so much. Pretty sure they were supposed to be $74.99 or $64.99 but they misprinted the sale tag at $14.99. When I asked, they said $149.99. regular price for a 2" there is $180. I can grab a healthy 5" One Spot at Petco for $99 today if I wanted to pay that much. I tried to talk them down to $69 (the regular price for a One Spot) but the manager wouldn't budge. She said they bought it as a Foxface, not a One Spot so they're selling it as a Foxface, not a One Spot.

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I politely declined. Sometimes they have awesome sales, sometimes not so much. Pretty sure they were supposed to be $74.99 or $64.99 but they misprinted the sale tag at $14.99. When I asked, they said $149.99. regular price for a 2" there is $180. I can grab a healthy 5" One Spot at Petco for $99 today if I wanted to pay that much. I tried to talk them down to $69 (the regular price for a One Spot) but the manager wouldn't budge. She said they bought it as a Foxface, not a One Spot so they're selling it as a Foxface, not a One Spot.
Dang that's crazy! If I'm a business and I mislabel something and get people to drive in because of it, I'd honor that price every time.

I'm happy aquarium arts is the closest to me. Stores a little dingy but they have the best fish and staff hands down. I want to check out that southwest aquaculture one of these days too. Though I called them the other day asking about speciosa and they said they would call me back and never did :( Never been to reef monster either.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've only been to Kona Reef Surprise - the old store was good but had aiptasia frequently and haven't been to the new store yet; Epic Aquaculture - run out of the guy's garage in Surprise; Amen Coral - run out of his downstairs; Ocean Floor; Southwest Aquaculture; and Discount Aquarium.

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only been to Kona Reef Surprise - the old store was good but had aiptasia frequently and haven't been to the new store yet; Epic Aquaculture - run out of the guy's garage in Surprise; Amen Coral - run out of his downstairs; Ocean Floor; Southwest Aquaculture; and Discount Aquarium.
Kona Phoenix has a super cool 1K display with a giant ray and some big puffers. And Kona Chandler is actually super nice, really really cool store. Coral selection is alright but it's the funnest store to be at. They have a big koi pond inside and two awesome reef display tanks.

I feel like all our local stores have aiptasia and other pests unfortunately. I gave a frag back to Kona (which they wouldn't refund despite the fact I had literally bought it 5 minutes ago) because it had flatworms all over

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back