450 Gallon Miracle Ray/Shark Reef Build Thread

IMG_20211017_153253.jpg


Been a challenge but things are looking good and getting some good coral growth! Especially in my LPS. Trying to get my acros dialed in
 
Anyone ever had their tank almost overflow because their overflow teeth got overtaken by algae? A few weeks back in the height of my gha issues i noticed that my tank level looked a touch higher than normal, and then later that afternoon it was touching the underside of my eurobrace on the top (which luckily gives me an extra inch of wiggle room if this ever happens again) and was going over the top of my overflow! If my tank had been rimless it would be all over the floor. I looked an noticed the the teeth themselves on the overflow box had slowly cut off flow. I figured with how much water goes through there and the rate of flow that wasn't even possible!
 
IMG_20210711_170607.jpg


Tank is in and she's gorgeous!! Love the eurobracing on the top and was pleasantly surprised to see the bottom eurobraced as well which I hadn't seen before.
Beautiful. Did you get the stand & the magnetic doors from Miracles?
 
Been forever since I did an update. A year or so ago I had a mass die off due to what I think was Turkish salt and I moved back to fowlr for a while. A couple months ago the bug got me again and things have been going great so far! Getting crazy PE on just about everything I have

I had one fish (my huge Blondie naso) die of natural causes I think but everything else about the same. My marble catshark has about doubled in size and my flappy pancake is as happy as ever
 
Tanks been doing great lately, been dropping my nitrates from the 300 range down a bit at a time and noticing a little better colors the past few days. Overall things pretty stable and good.

Still running GFO for my phos and have 2 surf scrubbers putting work in
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new