46 gal. Bowfront Mixed Reef

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I've gotten more involved in this awesome forum so I have decided to go ahead and share my tank. I've had aquariums for as long as I can remember... it was about 6 years ago I had my first reef garden, it was a small nano, 20 gal. long, mostly with softies some of which I collected myself! I had this tank for about 6 mo. when I ran out of space and still could not satisfy my new addiction... so i upgraded to a 46gal tank which was what I could afford at the moment (and still...lol) :bigsmile:
IMG_6612.jpg

The tank itself is about 5 years old!! However it didn't start like this 95% of the corals have at most about a year. The remodeling started b/c jledon04....gave me a garf bonzai frag which bleached in about 2 weeks, I really didn't dedicate much time to my tank at the moment since my old corals did very well with those high nutrient, tank conditions. I quickly started to get involved with SPS, chalices & acans and after seeing the variety & rainbows of color.....who could avoid, I got hooked on my tank again and decided upgrade my equipment to be able to properly keep these new kind of corals that before
-i completely cleaned out my refugium sump which consisted of live rock, DSB, mangroves and algae leaving it bare and upgraded skimmer for this baby w/ bubble blaster pump!!
IMG_0400-1.jpg

-i started using n/p reducing pellets & after a couple weeks my nitrates were undetectable
-then i got rid of ALL my old corals and started redesigning my garden
-everything was growing well and consuming a lot of Ca & carbonate..I got tired of dosing ca,kh... so i added a helping hand
IMG_0396-1.jpg

-finally I upgraded my koralia pumps to a Vortech MP10 ES
-my current lighting consists 4x39w t5HO;bulbs 1 giesemann aquablue+, 2 blue+, 1 true actinic & a reefbrite 18x3 watt LED strip
...and about a year later....

ALL colonies were grown from small 1" frags!!

...now...some EYE CANDY of current tank inhabitants...hope you enjoy..:bigsmile:
Screenshot2011-01-14at54110AM.png

IMG_6686-1.jpg

IMG_6524-1.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

that's it for now.....I'll leave some more fore later..

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!

I want to give credit and thanks to Luisra for taking some of these nice pics...also to Anthony and Rafi... If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have posted my cell phone pics don't do my corals justice...lol...plus I know no one likes to look at crappy photos!!

Thanks also to the r2r community for being so helpful and awesome keep it up Reefers!!

Last edited:

jledon4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was that guy that gave him the gifts and brought him back to the game, now days he is always crying about how expensive everything is and how all of his money only goes to upgrade the tank or get new pieces because of me .... welcome to the hobby! this tank gets better everyday and the colors are beautiful. great thread, but i still know there are more pieces and pics that you can add to the thread!!! what about your sps zoom ins?? keep up the eye candy!

OP
OP
PR_Reefers

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was that guy that gave him the gifts and brought him back to the game, now days he is always crying about how expensive everything is and how all of his money only goes to upgrade the tank or get new pieces because of me .... welcome to the hobby! this tank gets better everyday and the colors are beautiful. great thread, but i still know there are more pieces and pics that you can add to the thread!!! what about your sps zoom ins?? keep up the eye candy!
Jajajaja....... it's not easy keeping up in this hobby with no job, living on med school loans!!! anyways.... you've had your share of cries too & I think many of us have... don't make me get personal!!
p.s. remember you said,"gifts" everytime you ask me for frags bringing that up hahaha

Very nice, love the fish selection.
thanks...some other pics of my fish
IMG_6549.jpg

IMG_6684.jpg
img0610iz.jpg

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 128 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back