OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! You got yours already. Still waiting on a tracking number from somewhere in the USA. How do you like the lights? Looks great
They came all the way from Hong Kong. Took them a week to pick up but were delivered in 3 days. Installing them today. Wife is visiting my daughter in college and I can’t find my power drill so obviously installing will take 10 minutes but finding the tools to do it will be an all day event.

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHH they gave you controller? Or you order it with?
Nope. The included the controller as well as the mounting hardware that i didn’t order. I reached out and they said they knew to include for us newbies. Mounting hardware probably going to toss as these look like I can attach them to my aquatic life hybrid.

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added my avast marine kalk stirrer today. Actually last night but took overnight for the kalk to settle. Overall, pretty impressed. Only grumble is that I don’t like the barb fitting for the outbound. I would rather have had a hard plumbing fixture and I couldnt find a compatible 80 gauge fitting at my local hardware store. I just wanted better control of where the kalk was deposited. Oh well, went with vinyle. I put this on one of those smart plugs that turns on the stirrer motor 5 minutes every three hours. Now all i have to do is control how much water my Kamoer dosing pump sends into the stirrer. A little nervous going from two part to this as I was almost dialed in on the two part. Oh well...better do this now as opposed to another bought of instability.

Still very happy

B6AA6DA5-7A4C-4321-AA39-BC69DE3B44BE.jpeg

Last edited:

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They came all the way from Hong Kong. Took them a week to pick up but were delivered in 3 days. Installing them today. Wife is visiting my daughter in college and I can’t find my power drill so obviously installing will take 10 minutes but finding the tools to do it will be an all day event.
What college is your daughter at? I have sons at college now....Rowan U, University of Delaware, and Monmouth U.

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What college is your daughter at? I have sons at college now....Rowan U, University of Delaware, and Monmouth U.

We tried talking her into UDel as I am an alumni (we love it there plus it is close'ish)..but she went to University of Illinois. Top 5 school for computer science and engineer so we didnt put up too much of a fight. REAL pain getting there as there are no direct flights. A fact that the wife reminded me of not less than 20 times during her trip yesterday.

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I get controllers too. I think it's 1 controller for up to 2 lights. Odd as it is.
I am sure you will. If I am not mistaken, one controller can actually control up to 8. Honestly..happy that I dont have to keep track of 2 controllers. I am obviously that type of person that cant keep track of my stuff (see above about the cordless screwdriver...which by the way is moot as i just MANUALLY attached the AC/DC converters to the wall with a MANUAL screwdriver...THE HORROR :eek: )

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Either way, monday should be interesting as I will need to figure out how to mount them inside canopy. I doubt the arms will attach to eurobracing that is 3 inches wide.

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way, monday should be interesting as I will need to figure out how to mount them inside canopy. I doubt the arms will attach to eurobracing that is 3 inches wide.
Agree..definitely not designed for eurobracing. Pretty much a standard rimless attachment.

The X bracket appears to give room between the fan and any fastener plus the mounting hardware they provide. I was looking through your build thread to see if I could see the canopy but I wasnt able to see the details enough. Ultimately, you could probably get away with some sort of secure strapping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Unboxing and installation review of the Noopsychee ('NP') K7 V3s. Fairwarning...I did receive these as a NP giveaway that I was given two NP K7 V3 140 lights in exchange for recording my reef once a week and posting it here. I was not asked to provide a review or endorse their product. As such, this is an honest review and my own.

Shipping:
Took about a week to get from Hong Kong. 5 days waiting for the package to be picked up and 3 days for the actual delivery. NP reached out to me and gave me a heads up..so +1 thumbs up for excellent communication.

Packaging:
Initial unpacking was pretty good. Things well packaged, neat. Didn't have a lot of foam or impact absorbing material..so hopefully these didn't get thrown around in transit. The power up and down..so I am going to assume they had a gentle ride!!

Look and Feel:
Honestly, these feel quality. I know it is hard to say that and make it make sense...but these don't feel like cheapo lights. I would compare the feel to that of an EcoTech Radion for material, weight, feel, etc. If I came into this hobby without knowing anything or doing any research, I would not know that these are the new players in town or the more affordable options.

As I stated earlier, I do not like how large the AC/DC converter is (5.5" x 4" by 1.75") nor do I understand why the impressive heat sink is on the wall facing side of the set up. I wonder if it is so large so that they are accommodating the heat sink? *shrugs*

Installation:
I am installing these as the led component of my 48" AquaticLife hybrid lighting fixture. They easily fit within the space. There are a couple of 'complaints' you have to be aware of.
  1. The set screws are REDICULOUSLY small. They are metric 0.5 screws. I had to run to the hardware store and pickup longer screws so that I could attach them to the AL brackets. The nice, larger screws with the larger heads do not fit...so you are stuck with the little ones. If you are not using their installation brackets, you WILL be making a trip.
  2. The cords themselves are a little short. My setup has all of the cords on one side of my stand and there was JUST enough to stretch out. Ultimately, I dont mind as they met my needs but for those of you with larger set ups and a more elaborate cord management, you are going to need an extension cord.

FE0B3339-6294-4144-A2C6-B171D9D3E38D.jpeg

81EEE661-9F40-43DD-BEAB-3700A2D45A96.jpeg

Operation:
The controller...well this just feels cheap. a small credit card sized controller with 5 controller buttons, 4 quick set buttons, and a small LED screen. Usage of the control is not intuitive. Even by leveraging the manual, I did not find that it made sense. Yes, I could do it..but ultimately, I ended going out to youtube to figure it out. It was actually non intuitive even after watching the video.

()​

1. Push right button on unit until light is blue
  2. Push left button on unit until light is flashing blue
    1. Note: If you have multiple lights, do this on both of them before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Push middle button on controller until the 'T' is highlight.
  4. Push right button on controller to highlight the K71
  5. Push center button on controller twice
  6. Now push the right button until you are on the H (will say transmit)
  7. Push center button on controller - Your lights should turn on. You are now connected
Still figuring out the customization.

Update: I figured out how to program it.

1. Push center button. the T option should highlight.
  2. Push the right button to select K71. It should show your setting (most likely manual if your first time)
  3. Push center button to select..it should highlight the M
  4. Push right and select A.
  5. Push center button to select
  6. You should now be able to choose SPS, LPS or SPS/LPS. Choose one that has presets
  7. Push center button to start programming
  8. Now you get EIGHT (hard coded 8 settings) for time settings.
  9. You should now have one of the 8 (numbered 1 through 8) for your time settings. Hit the center button to go into edit mode. The number should be blinking
  10. Push up or down to move to the next or previous time setting.
  11. Hit center button to start editing that time setting.
  12. Push the left or right button to move to the hours, minutes or of the 6 channels.
  13. Push the center button to enter edit mode.
  14. Push left or right button to increase or decrease the selected item.
  15. Push the center button again to exit edit mode.
  16. Go back to point 9 and repeat for ALL 8 time settings.
    1. Note..make your setting 8 all Zeros for each channel...this will turn out the lights at your determined lights out time. Your settings on setting 1 is your lights on time.
  17. NEW: Make sure your first and last setting of the day is at all Zeros. As per the manual, the lights slowly ramp up and down between times. As such, you need to make sure that you have all zeros for time interval 1 and 8 or it will have light at night.
Note: There is no 'home button'. You just got wait it out for it to go back.

Things I like about it.

1. Apparently you can do custom schedules. Granted you have to go through the klunky controller
  2. The light itself...I actually like this better than my radions. I dont know if my light is just dialed up too high or if it is just better..but the reef looks fantastic. Definitely has less shadows and move coverage. Not sure if that is because my spacing is different or if it is because NP has multiple focal points..but the reef does look better to the eye.
Things I don't like about it.

1. The controller itself. Just flat out non intuitive. I think NP would be well served by creating an App and just ditch the controller. It also has to be plugged in..as such, you are geographically limited and will need an extension cord if you don't have a near by outlet. I also have ZERO clue on the buttons across the top mean (K71, K72, T4, K7f). I am assuming presets but zero understanding and I am unable to find the documentation.​
  • Figured them out..it was on the included quick reference card. Doesn't provide much info..but this is what they are labelled as. as such, still confused.
    • K71 = Light 1
    • K72 = Light 2
    • T4 = Wave Pump
    • K7f = Some sort of setting for fresh water / aquatic?
2. No automatic acclimation setting (that I am aware of). I assume that I can create an alternate program..but I havent figured it out yet.​
I am actually going to turn off my lights until I can figure out intensity settings.​
3. Did I say the controller? There are a couple of videos..going to take time to try and get a better video so i know what i am doing.​
Here is the initial recording:​

Overall my initial impression of this is that the inconvenience is probably worth the money savings. For those of you looking to get some good lights but don't mind a clunky interface...these lights maybe a good option for you. For those of you who want ease and intuitive of operation, keep looking. I am optimistic enough I am going to keep these that I am going to put my Radions up on Craigslist and my local reefing club and see if anyone wants em.​

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hope I get controllers too. I think it's 1 controller for up to 2 lights. Odd as it is.
1 controller for up to multiple lights. I think the K7 Pro II controller could do up to 7. The V3 is supposed to be more.

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the settings on your current lights? And are the NP's setting options comparable or better?
I was running 4x 48" T5s and EchoTech AB+ at 50% for about 9 hours per day. Honestly..it has only been one day...but so far, I am impressed. Running NPs at 50% of all channels until i can figure out the par..but tank looks great...awesome extension on the corals. Pretty happy. Definitely comparable to the G5 XR15s..just gotta figure out the right intensity per channel before I can do an apples to apples.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All I know is, my hammers have super extension right now. OMG my bta... MY cursed phone wont charge no more AHHH. I will get more videos though. As with all LED lights, there is shadowing. T5 doesn't do that. I may need to rearrange things a bit.

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know is, my hammers have super extension right now. OMG my bta... MY cursed phone wont charge no more AHHH. I will get more videos though. As with all LED lights, there is shadowing. T5 doesn't do that. I may need to rearrange things a bit.
I am in blue hour now and these are GEORGEOUS!! Amazing shimmer. Corals are loving it.

My BTA..i dont think i have ever seen it this spread out before!! Its happy!!!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am in blue hour now and these are GEORGEOUS!! Amazing shimmer. Corals are loving it.

My BTA..i dont think i have ever seen it this spread out before!! Its happy!!!
I run mine "Windex" all day with only 1 or two hours of 45% white mixed in at the end of the day.

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine "Windex" all day with only 1 or two hours of 45% white mixed in at the end of the day.
I may be switching up soon. I was running all channels at 50% for most of the day...but turning everything off but the blues...I think I found my look!!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back