4X G1 or 2X G3 pro

etmanning1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
28
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a crazy good deal on a set of 4 Radion G1s.

My tank is a standard 4’ 90g.

Would it be best to run the 4 G1s over my tank or sell two of them off and get the other two upgraded to G3s?

Is there a huge difference in performance between G1s and G3s?

Any insight is appreciated.
 
If I recall correctly, there are a couple of different color LED's in the G3 compared to the G1's. Not 100% sure Ecotech are still doing the upgrades like they did in the past as the G4's are out, and have been for a while. The G4'S were basically a complete redesign.

As for running 4 on a 90, I think that might be a bit of overkill, but obviously you could dial them back. I run 5 G3 pros on my 8' 240 and 2 on my 4' 120.

Either way, you can always hold onto whatever you don't use as a spare, or sell off whatever you don't use.
I do know that having a spare is a good idea as I have had to send one of my lights in for repair. I used the spare while the one was out being fixed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new