5.5 gallon pico build

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it safe to change 40% that regularly? I was doing 3/4 of 1 gallon and that keeps my parameters in check so far... also I guess this is a good place to ask, do corals add much to the bioload?
No they dont... but remember I use the water from my 300 frag system to do my water changes... Right now im only doing the water changes to keep the water clean and also establish all the beneficial stuff from my system into this small tank... I wanna stay away from carbon and gfo... just more maintenance to worry about... I am by no means experienced with these small tanks... Im learning as I go basically... im gonna do 2 gallon water changes as I have been for a month and then go to 1 gallon...

OP
OP
Chefwheredyougo

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to know. My skimmer for my 75 took a crap on me last night, so I was thinking of growing macroalgae in there to help with nutrients instead of buying another. I think some of that could look pretty decent in this one too... or would that be a bad idea

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to know. My skimmer for my 75 took a crap on me last night, so I was thinking of growing macroalgae in there to help with nutrients instead of buying another. I think some of that could look pretty decent in this one too... or would that be a bad idea
Ive been tossing that idea around as well... I have some really nice codium and dragons breath I was thinking of gluing to some rock to get some visual aesthetics going, but also see if it would benefit the tank chemistry anyway...

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.5%
Back