5.5 gallon pico build

Is it safe to change 40% that regularly? I was doing 3/4 of 1 gallon and that keeps my parameters in check so far... also I guess this is a good place to ask, do corals add much to the bioload?
No they dont... but remember I use the water from my 300 frag system to do my water changes... Right now im only doing the water changes to keep the water clean and also establish all the beneficial stuff from my system into this small tank... I wanna stay away from carbon and gfo... just more maintenance to worry about... I am by no means experienced with these small tanks... Im learning as I go basically... im gonna do 2 gallon water changes as I have been for a month and then go to 1 gallon...
 
That's good to know. My skimmer for my 75 took a crap on me last night, so I was thinking of growing macroalgae in there to help with nutrients instead of buying another. I think some of that could look pretty decent in this one too... or would that be a bad idea
 
That's good to know. My skimmer for my 75 took a crap on me last night, so I was thinking of growing macroalgae in there to help with nutrients instead of buying another. I think some of that could look pretty decent in this one too... or would that be a bad idea
Ive been tossing that idea around as well... I have some really nice codium and dragons breath I was thinking of gluing to some rock to get some visual aesthetics going, but also see if it would benefit the tank chemistry anyway...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new