55 Gallon Reef Tank Project

RileyRadReefs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
26
Location
Salt Lake City
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried making a more open aquascape so water could flow trough the live rock better. The goal was to have the least amount of rock touching the sandbed to prevent detritus buildup overtime. I plan on adding a protein Skimmer tomorrow and then a hang on back refugium over time. Just about to complete cycle using Dr Tims One and Only live bacteria. I have one purple fire fish in the tank and I plan on adding corals in a few months. Light on tank just for the photos, I never run lights during the beginning stages of an established tank.

C126989B-F0E1-406F-965E-422432489181.jpeg E3078334-1089-49E6-8C3A-E7889719D1EC.jpeg 48A40D53-5CB7-4DBC-B029-901FD052FD09.jpeg 849ED7D9-C5BF-471A-90D3-23309DD82DCE.jpeg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Hello.gif


I'm 100% with you on the open rock structure. Especially having as little as possible touching the sand. I even built my rockscape on an egg crate platform standing on pvc pipe legs a couple of inches above the sand.

Good luck and have fun.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new