6 line wrasse trouble

reefertanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two photos attached with my 6 line wrasse laying inside a rock on its side. Tank lights are on right now about mid day. Is he okay?

A215ACBF-2971-47E1-80F2-E4011E25A577.jpeg ACB8C13D-9738-466C-96E5-5C67BF08B479.jpeg

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant see it...
if you zoom in it looks like it is head first in a rock.

Have you tried to touch it and see if it responds.

How long has it been in your tank? -- on a tank rehome I thought mine was dead.. scooped it up and the little bugger jumped and woke up.. doing fine now..

OP
OP
reefertanker

reefertanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it took so long for reply. He did swim face first in the hole and when I looked it seems he was still breathing. He is about 1 week new so yes new to my tank. Hope he did run into my flower rock anemone that hides inside that rock. But now I can’t seem to find him

OP
OP
reefertanker

reefertanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you zoom in it looks like it is head first in a rock.

Have you tried to touch it and see if it responds.

How long has it been in your tank? -- on a tank rehome I thought mine was dead.. scooped it up and the little bugger jumped and woke up.. doing fine now..
Is he moving/breathing?
Right after reply earlier stating I couldn’t find him I was determined to find him and it’s not what I wanted to find. He was dead in sand. Pick him up and he wasn’t moving. Do you think my flower rock anemone got ahold of him?

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right after reply earlier stating I couldn’t find him I was determined to find him and it’s not what I wanted to find. He was dead in sand. Pick him up and he wasn’t moving. Do you think my flower rock anemone got ahold of him?
sorry to hear..have not looked into the latest.. well for me any way compatibility regarding anemones... again.. that sucks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm almost certain it wasn't the rock flower. I have 8 of them in my tank, 2 long tube anemones, 2 elegance, 2 condi anemones and 6 bubbletip anemones. If they were out to get my sixline he'd be dead long ago.

There's a saying in the animal kingdom: never begrudge a free meal...

OP
OP
reefertanker

reefertanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had gotten him last week and drip acclimated him. He was doing good till recently I saw white marks around his eye as if he was scratched. Then the next day he died. Very odd.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back