6 lines wrasse

727lighthouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could any one, please tell what is going on with my fish, top fin got cut or something? Thank you.

IMG_2418.jpeg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to make much of anything out. I can see a red area, but I can’t tell if that’s an artifact of the picture of on the fish itself.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could any one, please tell what is going on with my fish, top fin got cut or something? Thank you.

IMG_2418.jpeg

It could be an injury, but it could also be Uronema. How long have you had the fish? If more than a couple of months, it is less likely to be Uronema, that usually shows up in newly acquired fish. Here is an article about that:

Jay

OP
OP

727lighthouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More information will be needed to help.. Tank parameters... other tank mates, and typically a 30 sec video under white lights to help diagnose.

#fishmedics #fishmedic[/HASH

It could be an injury, but it could also be Uronema. How long have you had the fish? If more than a couple of months, it is less likely to be Uronema, that usually shows up in newly acquired fish. Here is an article about that:

Jay
i got the fish few days ago. Is there anything i can do :( Thank you Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the fish few days ago with my yellowtail damsel

The damsel could have attacked it, they can be pretty aggressive. If it is Uronema, there is no treatment for that. I think the first step would be to consider isolating the wrasse, just to ensure it isn't the damsel causing the issue.

OP
OP

727lighthouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The damsel could have attacked it, they can be pretty aggressive. If it is Uronema, there is no treatment for that. I think the first step would be to consider isolating the wrasse, just to ensure it isn't the damsel causing the issue.
Thank you Jay. The damsel is much smaller than 6 lines and I monitored they don’t harass each others.

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given it being a new tank, wouldn't surprise me if the damsel attacked it like Jay mentioned. Damsels are known for being pretty territorial. Big box stores trap people into buying them as hardy starter fish, but they are the devil.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO that tank is too small for two aggressive fish and no places to hide. I keep both of those fish together but in a larger tank with a lot of rock.
If you upload your videos to YouTube and paste the link here in this thread you'll get more views. Many people will not download videos.

EDIT: screenshot from the OP video. I don't see any hiding spots. These fish need rock they came swim around in. Mine are in and out of the rocks constantly. Rarely do they swim around in the open.
Screenshot_20240308-111304.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Jay. The damsel is much smaller than 6 lines and I monitored they don’t harass each others.
In the video, the fin is ripped. Uronema doesn’t affect the fins, so I would say this is mechanical damage. If the damsel is the only tankmate, and you haven’t netted the fish recently, it pretty much has to be the damsel as the culprit.

OP
OP

727lighthouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the video, the fin is ripped. Uronema doesn’t affect the fins, so I would say this is mechanical damage. If the damsel is the only tankmate, and you haven’t netted the fish recently, it pretty much has to be the damsel as the culprit.
I used the net when I transferred to the tank, on the first day I bought the fish. I watched the tank a lot, those 2 fish seem like they get along even when they swim close each other, they dont do anything or chase each other. It could’ve been my 6 lines sleep under the rock. That could be the damage come from. Thank you Jau.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back