6 On 6 Off Light Schedule

Mustang Man

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
161
Reaction score
22
Location
Tampa,Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got back into the hobby about six months ago after being out for 3-4yrs. I remember reading articles back then about people running a 6 on 6 off schedule and having great results. I was thinking about switching my frag tank to this schedule because from what I remember it increased growth in the tanks that were using this schedule. I was curious to what everyone here thought about a 6 on 6 off light schedule.
 
I've read a little theorizing on this but never saw anyone do any sort of experiment to prove either way. Cool topic. If I had the extra throw away cash to duplicate a couple tanks I;d love to put it to the test. My electric bill is high enough though at the moment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new