OP
Socal-Reefer-60

Socal-Reefer-60

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so today was setting frags day. So I had 10 frags/misplaced corals that needed to be relocated from the rack or the tank bottom.

I used some purple reef safe epoxy putty. Also drilled new holes in some of my rock scaping by momentarily pulling from the tank and using a 3/8” drill bit w a 12V cordless.

got through all but relocating my frogspawn colony.

Since adding the co2 scrubber I have seen improved coraline growth.

I’ve also started monitoring my alkalinity more frequnetly and I’m slowly raising it to 8.5, it had been settling at mid 7.0s w less monitoring.

have new ph slides en route to see how my ph has changed from the co2 scrubber.

D661CD3B-8430-4484-ACFC-D855E3A627B4.jpeg
7EB0ECCE-35D7-4FFD-ACCC-30957B5358F8.jpeg

OP
OP
Socal-Reefer-60

Socal-Reefer-60

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great, ive got a 60 cube as well
Thanks, for being a 6 year old tank. The 9 months of quarantine has been a good reset. Seeing coral growth and splits like haven’t seen in a while.

yah, the six line would make a good cat theif. Very mischevious

OP
OP
Socal-Reefer-60

Socal-Reefer-60

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely worth it! I’m about to embark on the same journey and was actually debating making my stand longer for storage. Keep going lol!
Appreciate the positive feedback. It’s such a a specific hobby. I feel a place like this is the only place to get true feedback from others who actually understand it. It’s gotta sound fully Greek when our non reef friends hear updates from us.
Oh and I fully recommend going w a bigger stand for a smaller tank up to about 120 gallons ( mine is actually built to accommodate a future 120 w center overflow. )

Thereefdoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the positive feedback. It’s such a a specific hobby. I feel a place like this is the only place to get true feedback from others who actually understand it. It’s gotta sound fully Greek when our non reef friends hear updates from us.
Oh and I fully recommend going w a bigger stand for a smaller tank up to about 120 gallons ( mine is actually built to accommodate a future 120 w center overflow. )
Anytime! I know exactly how you feel. I think I am going to go with a longer stand. You’ve convinced me .

Dixon25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. What's your review on the Fiji-24 sump? Specifically with the refugium section?

OP
OP
Socal-Reefer-60

Socal-Reefer-60

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. What's your review on the Fiji-24 sump? Specifically with the refugium section?
It’s a great compact sump. The refugium section is a bit small. I like the dual filter sock chamber. Also nice that the refug compartments go up and down for controlling water levels. If you want a substantial refugium probably need an external or a larger sump layout.

Dixon25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I'm limited by space. Are you able to grow cheato in the chamber provided?

OP
OP
Socal-Reefer-60

Socal-Reefer-60

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a bit quiet here
latest update is adding an adaptative reef switch to the apex. Works great for programming scenarios.

currently have one switch for ‘company display lighting’ turns off my led lights w a noisy fan and turns on my t5 lights.

another button works for 15 min feeding mode and I programmed it to shut off the mp10 return and skimmer.

last one I’ve set up is a maintenance mode where it turns off the heater, return and skimmer.
Works great. But took several hours to learn the programming.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back