65 gallon build thread

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You're fine to add 2 to 3. Get an ammonia badge and test ammonia every other day for a while. Water will probably get cloudy in a week after adding fish. If it doesn't, you're pretty much set on your cycle

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thing

Attachments

• 213302-seachem-ammoniaalert-fr_1.jpg
    213302-seachem-ammoniaalert-fr_1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 34

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not everyone of those is accurate. If you get one, hopefully it works. Mine worked. But I read complaints. Pretty mixed reviews.
Goodnight. Hope you get some pretty clowns :) they love mysis.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you do go out and get fish, if they have real live rock. GET a couple of lbs. IF they have any super cheap corals. You can add one to help with microbial process. Only if you get real live rock. If not, you will need to wait for a month.
And by live rock I do not mean the stuff they stick into water to turn it brown. It should have coraline algae and growth covered with other life forms.

Mushroom rock always seems to have a lot of life forms on it. Both beneficial and pests. Costs are from 50 to hundreds depending on colors.
I don't know if you have a good lfs. I would hope you do. I sure don't.

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do go out and get fish, if they have real live rock. GET a couple of lbs. IF they have any super cheap corals. You can add one to help with microbial process. Only if you get real live rock. If not, you will need to wait for a month.
And by live rock I do not mean the stuff they stick into water to turn it brown. It should have coraline algae and growth covered with other life forms.

Mushroom rock always seems to have a lot of life forms on it. Both beneficial and pests. Costs are from 50 to hundreds depending on colors.
I don't know if you have a good lfs. I would hope you do. I sure don't.
ok i'll look for some live rock. I am going to an expo where they have many good fish stores

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the fish, 2 clowns and a YWG, and my dad dropped the YWG on the ground. The bag exploded, however there is still some water in it for the fish, and the YWG is alive, moving, and there are no signs of damage. Will he/she survive? He is being acclimated currently. Sorry to bother you @Jay Hemdal and @vetteguy53081 but i would like your advice and anwsers as i see you guys helping lots of people with fish problems. Here is a picture of the fish. Bump.

IMG_20210717_142435801.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
got the fish, 2 clowns and a YWG, and my dad dropped the YWG on the ground. The bag exploded, however there is still some water in it for the fish, and the YWG is alive, moving, and there are no signs of damage. Will he/she survive? He is being acclimated currently. Sorry to bother you @Jay Hemdal and @vetteguy53081 but i would like your advice and anwsers as i see you guys helping lots of people with fish problems. Here is a picture of the fish. Bump.

IMG_20210717_142435801.jpg
These gobies are as tough as nails and the fact it was wet and in the bag was huge plus.
Tell your dad he is too old to be playing with water balloons. . . LOL. Acclimate for at least an hour adding tank water to a bucket with fish in it - 1 cup every 15 mins at least 6x and test salinity prior to introduction to tank. Salt should be same or very close to tank salinity. If not, continue to add water until achieved

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These gobies are as tough as nails and the fact it was wet and in the bag was huge plus.
Tell your dad he is too old to be playing with water balloons. . . LOL. Acclimate for at least an hour adding tank water to a bucket with fish in it - 1 cup every 15 mins at least 6x and test salinity prior to introduction to tank. Salt should be same or very close to tank salinity. If not, continue to add water until achieved
With a smaller starting volume (because of the lost water) I think they should make proportionally smaller additions than a cup.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With a smaller starting volume (because of the lost water) I think they should make proportionally smaller additions than a cup.

Jay
Agreed. Forgot about lost water. If full bag would have been a cup

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are done acclimating. The YWG swam away (which is a good sign that he can swim lol) into a hole in a rock and we cant see him.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back