65 gallon ocean liverock tank

New bounce in the tank! Its crazy bright!
 

Attachments

  • 20210722_183017.jpg
    20210722_183017.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210722_183047.jpg
    20210722_183047.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 138
I got this awesome rock from a local reefer yesterday. It's been in his tanks since 2003 and its absolutely loaded with bristleworms! Also saw a nice bristleworm crawl out of it. Great diversity added!
20210725_170223.jpg
20210725_170232.jpg
20210725_170238.jpg
20210725_170221.jpg
20210725_170214.jpg
20210725_164335.jpg
 
Love seeing stars poking out their arms waiting for food! XD find any mantises? And are you going to keep them if you do? :D
 
Love seeing stars poking out their arms waiting for food! XD find any mantises? And are you going to keep them if you do? :D

I do too! No mantis shrimp so far. I would remove them if I found them though. My fish are too important to me to lose them to a mantis. Thanks for your questions!
 
I've been in the hobby for about 15 years and for most of it I had the same imported liverock that I have just moved from tank to tank. Recently we bought a new house and I decided to kind of start over. My rocks were so mature that I could get away with almost anything. I figured it was time to put my money where my mouth was and start over following the advice I give to a lot of new reefers. Here it goes!

SOME FTS:
June 2021 (the holding tank)
20210610_101251.jpg


July 2021: (the holding tank)
20210612_171905.jpg

20210714_205235.jpg


7/16/2021
20210717_180930.jpg


7/18/2021
20210718_132804.jpg


7/25/2021
20210725_162959.jpg





Here are some pics of my latest tank I just broke down:

View attachment 2257476 View attachment 2257478 View attachment 2257480
Very nice
 
Some updated FTS from today. The maturity of this couple month old tank is incredible! No white rocks here, no ugly phase. More people should get aquacultured rock or rocks from mature tank break downs!
20210909_171444.jpg
20210909_171456.jpg
20210909_171531.jpg
20210909_171554.jpg
20210909_171601.jpg
20210909_171614.jpg
20210909_171619.jpg
 
Much agree. Still working through the ugly stage on my first tank. I have one mature rock, but to no one's surprise, that's not sufficient to get the job done. But it IS the only rock with no ugly algae on it. Something to that mature live rock thing.
 
This is how I feel sometimes reading people's opinions on this forum regarding the dosing of chemicals. People chasing problems with chemicals and creating other problems. While in reality all your corals need is chemical free quality saltwater and liverock!


 
Much agree. Still working through the ugly stage on my first tank. I have one mature rock, but to no one's surprise, that's not sufficient to get the job done. But it IS the only rock with no ugly algae on it. Something to that mature live rock thing.
Switch out your dry rock for more live!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new