65 gallon ocean liverock tank

Update

2C751182-4B53-4B98-9EDE-9C704884DEC6.jpeg
8084922B-C2B8-4079-B41C-ED89E66882C3.jpeg
4AD57802-23F0-45E4-B6D8-9DB27614F0D1.jpeg
DD8684AB-2C2C-462C-A234-A1D162C2E2C2.jpeg
4FAE9902-D912-490F-A61D-7635F73328F1.jpeg
BB03CFEA-E4DE-4EBA-8562-F196923671D2.jpeg
 
Hard to get a good photo of him, but it’s a beautiful fish! Squaretail bristletooth tang. I’m surprised they aren’t more popular in the hobby TBH!
85B3A392-3EF3-4DF6-B041-ABB5F2AD88E6.jpeg
3418E314-B67A-478F-BE74-221D83A2E6C3.jpeg
C7D5B1EC-A48B-4941-BC20-B759169DC6F1.jpeg
77865167-65C1-43E9-8CA2-6AD9AC0EB62C.jpeg
3B6205DD-71F0-409C-84EE-6D693487F949.jpeg
85113ECF-2190-45EC-956E-7EDF740305C6.jpeg
DD62F571-ADEF-447E-AE6C-6365E8260D3B.jpeg
 
Hard to get a good photo of him, but it’s a beautiful fish! Squaretail bristletooth tang.
OOOOOhhhhhh NNNnooo. He looks to have "Big Ich"!!!. There are medications for those really big spots. :anguished-face:
 
OOOOOhhhhhh NNNnooo. He looks to have "Big Ich"!!!. There are medications for those really big spots. :anguished-face:

lol I honestly can’t catch if this is tongue in cheek or not (knowing your stance on qt I assume it is) but this species is known for it’s beautiful spots haha!
 
I’m aware that my aquascape looks awfully “flat” or “low” right now but this is by design. In person you could see that the rocks are set in a way that the sand bed is mostly open so detritus is blown away easier. This also allows for a lot of cool caves and hides for the fish. I also have a nice neon green sinularia in the back and the obvious toadstool. Both of those corals will grow fairly tall and will eventually give the vertical element the aquascape is currently missing. Plus the pipe organ is growing up the overflow and I also have pink and green Kenya tree that will also add some vertical elements once they grow out. I also Plan on getting some gorgonians!
7597C3E6-8DE6-4F09-8B0C-C888FFEE63E7.jpeg
 
Updated fts:
221F952A-ED65-4435-8EC2-6A27F99238CC.jpeg


B20E0723-0F53-4529-93D2-B147384C0AD4.jpeg



I was able to find a liferock shaped branch rock that I think perfectly fit my aquascape. I circled it here in yellow and I think it really adds a nice vertical element I was missing plus it made a nice arch for fish to swim under. Also notice (circled in red) that I moved a clump of Xenia next to my overflow. I’m going to let the Xenia climb the overflow which I think will be real cool.

5CDAA9BD-3E04-4529-A6D8-BE3BC8CE57EF.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Anyone fish?
I live on an Island and grew up fishing (and crabbing, clamming etc) I would fish in a puddle or sewer, it didn't matter as long as it was wet, but after I started SCUBA diving in 1971 I stopped fishing because we caught so many fish while diving. We used a CB antenna with a wooden handle for a spear and got more flounders, fluke and blackfish than we could eat along with 6 lobsters a day. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
I live on an Island and grew up fishing (and crabbing, clamming etc) I would fish in a puddle or sewer, it didn't matter as long as it was wet, but after I started SCUBA diving in 1971 I stopped fishing because we caught so many fish while diving. We used a CB antenna with a wooden handle for a spear and got more flounders, fluke and blackfish than we could eat along with 6 lobsters a day. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

sounds a lot like my childhood in the 90s. I never got into diving though, just don’t like the idea of being underwater that long!
 
I never got into diving though, just don’t like the idea of being underwater that long!
Thats kind of what diving is. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new