7 mags in same tank

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haddoni and gigs touch in my tank with no problem and they look OK. Just throwing it out there. Dunno about mags.

And when I say touching i mean 100% full contact. Not an inch away. Right next to each other.

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0

I’ll usually stay away from vendors only really like to buy established specimens or I can usually import when the weather is permitting I’d much rather just pay the freight and get a whole box and pay 30$-40 a nem then the outrages prices these places charge :/

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll usually stay away from vendors only really like to buy established specimens or I can usually import when the weather is permitting I’d much rather just pay the freight and get a whole box and pay 30$-40 a nem then the outrages prices these places charge :/
What temperature do you have for your mags? I noticed my mags doing better at 76 instead of 78

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever dealt with RVS Fishworld from the Philippines? No magnifica, but they seem to have Haddoni, gigantea, Mertensii and LTA. I thought of trying them but would need to place a large order which is very expensive and more than just one box. They appear to have year round stock.

The vendors from Fiji or Sri Lanka seem to be as they become available which is only once or twice a year. My fish store doesn’t have much luck as the larger stores around the world grab them first.

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I have some old personal connections from there it’s complicated but I have another shipment Corning from Sri Lanka coming on the 4th of July of all days I have to go pick it up at 4/5 am :/ I ordered 8 magnificas and a gigantea and some Fancy shrimps I hope they send me all 8 I don’t always get the full number :/ I’ve never used that exporter before how much would you have to order for them to do business with you?

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
What temperature do you have for your mags? I noticed my mags doing better at 76 instead of 78
Yeah man I’ve had mags in a tank at 73/74 degrees before I was unaware the heater stopped working and they were looking so good :) I checked the temp one day with my digital reptile Infrared( I have a Rainforrest room too) noticed the temp was super low but the mag I had in the tank was growing and doing good. I never added a heater I’m sure if I didn’t break down the tanks years ago they would still be going strong. I think that the lower temp helps with bacteria lid there will be less in cooler water so maybe that has something to do with it?

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Haddoni and gigs touch in my tank with no problem and they look OK. Just throwing it out there. Dunno about mags.

And when I say touching i mean 100% full contact. Not an inch away. Right next to each other.
Hey any pics of the tank?

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man I’ve had mags in a tank at 73/74 degrees before I was unaware the heater stopped working and they were looking so good :) I checked the temp one day with my digital reptile Infrared( I have a Rainforrest room too) noticed the temp was super low but the mag I had in the tank was growing and doing good. I never added a heater I’m sure if I didn’t break down the tanks years ago they would still be going strong. I think that the lower temp helps with bacteria lid there will be less in cooler water so maybe that has something to do with it?
Yup I only noticed this when my heater was turnef off by my dog. I'm keeping lower temps now. Looks amazing

20200703_075959.jpg

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Yup I only noticed this when my heater was turnef off by my dog. I'm keeping lower temps now. Looks amazing

20200703_075959.jpg
Yeah mags I think can be found pretty deep where it gets a bit cooler. and gigs on the other hand I’ve had in tanks get up to 87-88 and I was getting amazing tentacle extension and disk folds makes me wonder how hot you can go with them, especially if they’re found in small tidal pools getting blasted with hot sunlight. :’)

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
What's your strategy to get them to breed?
I’m going to be building a flooding system. So I can flush the tank with fresh seawater that is a different temperature then what’s in the tank I also plan to be able to mimic a storm in the tank too. As far as I know there are 2 different types of magnificags. One that splits and one that breeds sexually like the gigantea carpet anemones. And the only way to tell is to induce some sort of stressor to trigger an event. Weather that be spawning or splitting.

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be building a flooding system. So I can flush the tank with fresh seawater that is a different temperature then what’s in the tank I also plan to be able to mimic a storm in the tank too. As far as I know there are 2 different types of magnificags. One that splits and one that breeds sexually like the gigantea carpet anemones. And the only way to tell is to induce some sort of stressor to trigger an event. Weather that be spawning or splitting.
I noticed my anemone spawning when I turn on moon light.

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in if this method is successful for you. Please update us on your attempts!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • None.

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.4%
Back