75 gallon need help stocking

Cgill772

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I've been lurking on here for quite a while now but have never posted until today. I have a 75 gallon that has been set up for 11 months now. I currently have only 2 clowns a few corals and a cuc. I'm at the point where I need to add more fish now but can't decide on a stocking list. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I love tangs but am unsure which I can keep in 75 gal. Ty all in advanced!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! Do you have an idea of what corals you want to keep? Do you want to maximize the number of fish or keep fish mainly to provide nutrients to the corals? A bristletooth tang (like a Tomini) and a wrasse (like a Carpenter Fairy Wrasse) may be additions to consider.

OP
OP
C

Cgill772

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! Do you have an idea of what corals you want to keep? Do you want to maximize the number of fish or keep fish mainly to provide nutrients to the corals? A bristletooth tang (like a Tomini) and a wrasse (like a Carpenter Fairy Wrasse) may be additions to consider.
Now I'm trying to keep nutrients up for coral. I like to have some movement of the fish but are mainly into coral. Maximizing number of fish is definitely not my priority. I would just rather add more fish than start dosing no3 and po4 since I only have the 2. I have been looking at both of those but have just been hesitant.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I've been lurking on here for quite a while now but have never posted until today. I have a 75 gallon that has been set up for 11 months now. I currently have only 2 clowns a few corals and a cuc. I'm at the point where I need to add more fish now but can't decide on a stocking list. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I love tangs but am unsure which I can keep in 75 gal. Ty all in advanced!
Welcome! What about a Kole or Tomini Tang? Would likely be appropriate for a 75 g. Do you plan on keeping a lot of corals? Coral Beauty may be a nice addition for you. I have one, it, very rarely nips at LPS but nothing major that causes harm... Usually a hardy fish and quite beautiful imo. Maybe a blenny to stir up the bottom a bit? A fun fish to observe with several different varieties .

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like both these suggestions...

Shnicnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I also have a 75g tank, and oh boy do I have a suggestion for you.

The Two Spot Bristletooth Tang

I love this fish. It's super inexpensive, super active, and best of all, beautiful.

Its a great algae eater and will be good for your tank for its entire life! I would also suggest some flasher wrasse or bangaii cardinals if you are looking potentially for some mellower shoaling fish!

Shnicnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I also have a 75g tank, and oh boy do I have a suggestion for you.

The Two Spot Bristletooth Tang

I love this fish. It's super inexpensive, super active, and best of all, beautiful.

Its a great algae eater and will be good for your tank for its entire life! I would also suggest some flasher wrasse or bangaii cardinals if you are looking potentially for some mellower shoaling fish!
Mine looks almost identical to the picture that Live Aquaria has! I got mine through @Dr. Reef !

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back