75 Gallon rebuild and Algae Battle

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work. Welcome to the intervention method of tank maintenance. Now that everything is sparkling, all toy need to do is regular sand vacuuming and water changes. Life is good! PS I love skimz

OP
OP
patrick.mcdonald617

patrick.mcdonald617

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been about 2 days since the full water drain and spray and I am happy to report that there is literally NO algae anywhere in my tank I have never seen it this clean before! The sump is doing excellent and the skimmer is pulling out loads of BLACK GUNK! All is doing well and I just wanted to report that the spot treatment was an incredibly effective way to combat a problem that we were into over our heads in and that I definitely can't stress enough the importance of good tank husbandry. Like I said before the hydrogen peroxide was incredible but shouldn't be used in my opinion as just a quick fix to hide problems that arise from lack of maintenance. However, after this little experiment I can say that peroxide 100% works and does its job amazingly well. I will stay up to date on the thread however with growth of corals and to make sure that there are no long term ill effects from using the peroxide (which I don't assume there will be) but just to make sure everyone can understand this treatment better!
20160517_173031.jpg
20160517_173036.jpg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im very very happy linking this thread around, I totally agree on the full detritus attack, what happened here is the only real way to fight algae, all else is a bunch of different bandaids labeled in different ways.

Back