75 gallon reef tank

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellowstone is my dream vacation. I graduated high school in 95 the year they reintroduced wolves back into Yellowstone and it was my dream to become a wildlife biologist and work with them. Went to college got a degree and everything. Turns out life had other plans. I still mist up thinking about what could have been. For almost 20 years I have been doing what I swore I would never do. Sit behind a desk slaving away at a machine to pay the bills. Enjoy your time there it's a beautiful place. Hope the family is making memories that will last a lifetime.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yellowstone is my dream vacation. I graduated high school in 95 the year they reintroduced wolves back into Yellowstone and it was my dream to become a wildlife biologist and work with them. Went to college got a degree and everything. Turns out life had other plans. I still mist up thinking about what could have been. For almost 20 years I have been doing what I swore I would never do. Sit behind a desk slaving away at a machine to pay the bills. Enjoy your time there it's a beautiful place. Hope the family is making memories that will last a lifetime.
We had a blast. We did two days in Yellowstone. We're at the Grand Tetons now. Heading back to Utah for Zion tomorrow and then back towards home Thursday. It's been a whirlwind but we've seen deer, elk, bison, a porcupine, a grizzly, and a herd of brown bears (that almost ran into the car). Kids got to play in snow, drive through a "blizzard"... It's been a fun trip!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We're having us a real vacation!
IMG_20220503_192741380.jpg

IMG_20220503_192147543.jpg

IMG_20220502_163700239.jpg

IMG_20220503_144345838.jpg

IMG_20220503_144519895.jpg

IMG_20220503_192757031.jpg
That is a road trip!

My husband got to see a replica of a moose. I am not sure if it was stuffed. That was a possibility as well. And the first thing he said was "are moose really that big?" I said "yes, and semi truck drivers fear ever hitting one. That semi is totaled if they do." He didn't believe me. I spent an hour googling photos of moose for him.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That is a road trip!

My husband got to see a replica of a moose. I am not sure if it was stuffed. That was a possibility as well. And the first thing he said was "are moose really that big?" I said "yes, and semi truck drivers fear ever hitting one. That semi is totaled if they do." He didn't believe me. I spent an hour googling photos of moose for him.
We saw a moose when we were about a half mile from leaving the Tetons yesterday. It was a great day! Started with a gray wolf, then we saw a brown bear, a couple of deer, a few elk, a fox, and then the moose to end the morning! We're hitting Zion this morning and then we might hit Flagstaff on the way home. We'll see how the day goes. We're traveling with friends and a couple of the boys really started getting restless starting Tuesday.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I got home from vacation yesterday at almost midnight. The Hydrogen Bomb didn't make it. I'm actually surprised it lasted as long as it did. Tomorrow is tank maintenance day. Everything else looks good but I have a ton of algae to pick out.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad everyone made it safely home. Sorry for the coral loss. Glad tour mil was able to help out and keep up with things.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My Reef Chasers corals and blenny came in today. I had heard from other buyers that there was possible EEFW so I was a little concerned. After a Reef Primer dip a couple of small bristle worms came off. No sign of eggs or worms on anything but still in QT just to keep an eye on them!
safety-comes-first-adam-driver.gif

Also, while my wife was dripping them the blenny jumped! It's doing fine so far. One hammer is very receded (doesn't look BJD, but definitely not happy). Hopefully it survives - it's the splatter! The single head torch and second hammer are both double heads and the Mint Green Alveopora doesn't look green... more pink/purple. A happy surprise for me!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Brown Jelly on the hammer for sure. It melted almost completely and smells like absolute death! Everything else is looking ok. Sorry, no pics again. Lights are out when I leave in the morning and they were out when I got home tonight. Torch and other hammer are both looking good - healthy (at least what I can see with a flashlight). Electric Daisy is looking fine. One mushroom let go of his rock and is sitting on the floor of the tank, the other is still attached to it's rock. Alve is looking good, just closed due to lights being off. Monti is - well, it's a monti so.... Purchased it as a Firefly, picture of the colony is green, but it looks more like my TDF Electric Grape monti - purple (more like a brownish burgundy) with bright green polyps.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, I dipped the hammer with BJD in Reef Primer again. Mixed it just a little stronger and let it sit for an extra minute. Not at all hopeful but you never know. Pretty sure I know.

giphy (43).gif

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_20220511_225435.jpg

1652334875064~2.jpg

This is the hammer in question right after it was removed from the bag (5 minutes after delivery).

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The skeleton was highly visible and that was the most it opened. The other hammer was very happy yesterday afternoon and the torch was droopy but fully opened (I think it wants more flow). I didn't grab a picture this morning before leaving for work but the hammer in question was just slime. I'm sad because it's the one I wanted... Reef Chasers hasn't responded to either email I sent them yet but we'll see.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you sent it last night, you are still going to wait until noon to 4 pm. I would be shocked if any sooner. They also have a facebook if you don't get a reply today.

I am also sickened by the vendors selling long stem toadstools as weeping willows. I want a true Japanese weeping willow. Not an imitation.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hammer will need multiple iodine dips. If the bjd was not dead center. I'm not sure if it's still alive or not.
It was the entire hammer yesterday. I did two dips with Reef Primer which says it fixes BJD. I need to get some Iodine today. There was a slight hint of green left this morning but I am pretty sure it's a goner.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you sent it last night, you are still going to wait until noon to 4 pm. I would be shocked if any sooner. They also have a facebook if you don't get a reply today.

I am also sickened by the vendors selling long stem toadstools as weeping willows. I want a true Japanese weeping willow. Not an imitation.
Did you see Joe's?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back