75 gallon reef tank

I added some frozen brine shrimp to the trap today and it seems to be working? Well, I almost caught the tang - you know, the one I'm not wanting to catch. He's tried getting in the trap at least 5 times now but he's slightly too big. The Chromis stuck his face in the bottle but wouldn't enter fully which is fine - he can stay in the 75 for a while. One of the Bangaiis is hanging around the entrance chasing the Chromis and Tang away so he may go in? Wait and see, wait and see.
 
Man, I really need to frag this Alveopora.
IMG_20220908_141315384.jpg

It's probably about 2.5" across when it's closed though. It's just so big and fluffy!
 
Slowly widdling down the stock list here! One more fish transferred to the 125.
 
I'm sitting here at my computer watching my Hector's Goby eat... He picks up 1 piece of sand, rolls it around in his mouth and then spits it out. I'm going with: not efficient algae eater but doesn't spit sand on corals?
 
I need to get a Gatorade bottle for a fish trap. The water bottle worked for everything else but the Chromis and Tang won't fit.
 
I looked up at about 6:30 this morning and Frida was dropping some eggs. Here it is 2:35 and she's still going.
IMG_20221031_143504981.jpg
 
And the tank is empty! Well, there's water and rock in the sump and there's sand in the tank still but it's almost done?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new