My DIY in wall 75 gallon corner overflow reef tank. This build was in 2014

specs:
75 gall marine land corner overflow reef tank
40 gal sump / refug
146lbs of live rock
120 lbs of live sand
Lights; 2x Radion XR15pro
Skimmer: reef octopus classic 90

Here is the video of what the tank looked like then...

I started this build on 9-20-14 so I will first give a little background about this build. A high level summary and I can add more detail if needed/requested/wanted
smile.gif

Pic below shows how the location for my new tank looked originally

Everything within the closet removed and ready for the transformation to begin.

New door! to my new fish room...you enter from the adjacent closet

Newly custom built stand

Rough fit of the new stand and tank to make any adjustments.

I painted everything with a mildew resistant paint

Before drywall was installed

Inside the new fish room without drywall

I will work to provide an update. I just wanted to pretend it was 2014 again

-RWreef

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While looking for overflow ideas I stumbled on your build. I love your tank. How do you like the positioning of the overflow? The tank I am wanting to put an overflow into is a 40 gallon breeder. It is my coral tank. Beautiful fish.

OP
OP
rwreef

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While looking for overflow ideas I stumbled on your build. I love your tank. How do you like the positioning of the overflow? The tank I am wanting to put an overflow into is a 40 gallon breeder. It is my coral tank. Beautiful fish.
Thank you, the tank is a marineland standard 75g with corner overflow. I like the corner overflow "ok". The biggest issue is you need something to push water from the right side of the tank towards the overflow on the left side. I use a 4k gyre pump for this. My buddy @jta51reef has a 40B peninsula and uses a ghost overflow on one end. Check out his build thread. I think a corner overflow will work on a 40B if you wanna drill the back wall for a dorso stand pipe setup. Just keep in mind the overflow will take up space. You might consider a ghost overflow in the middle for great surface skimming and return flow.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check out his system. Thanks for the ideas. Love your tank. And yes, I like the middle idea. But again, it takes up space. I have a center in my 140 gallon.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back