75gal centerpiece ideas

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally recommend Foxface. Mine is definitely my most immediately noticeable fish, with exception of my China Wrasse
IMG_0408.jpeg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a yellow tang and foxface in my 75. They'll be fine for a few years
Foxface might be okay for a month maybe two. Ive had two. They both went from one inch to six in four months. Would not put a fox in that tank at all

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I love the one spot fox face!
Wait until you get a bigger tank. Ive had two foxfaces. Each one inch when I got them. My magnificent has been with me for about 6 months now. He is about six inches. Biggest fish in my 125 gallon.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also with the chromis, Ive got 3. I got them when they were tiny, a seller on ebay had all 3 together since they were born. Ive had them for over a year and they are big now. There is one that got bigger than the other two but there is no aggression with them at all. Im still waiting for the other shoe to drop like everyone talks about with them but mine are all fine and school together all the time

OP
OP
nature_niko

nature_niko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info on the chromis! Do one spot fox faces grow to a smaller size?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a fox face in a 75 and when he got big he was clearly not happy and was stressed. Became extremely aggressive and would flare out the spines and swim around super fast trying to attack me whenever I put my hand in the tank. He had to go back to the lfs

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a fox face in a 75 and when he got big he was clearly not happy and was stressed. Became extremely aggressive and would flare out the spines and swim around super fast trying to attack me whenever I put my hand in the tank. He had to go back to the lfs
yeah these fish are huge stress balls. Cant imagine one in a 75 to be honest! Mine is happy in my tank except for when I have my hands in there. Then he thinks the sky is falling lol

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah these fish are huge stress balls. Cant imagine one in a 75 to be honest! Mine is happy in my tank except for when I have my hands in there. Then he thinks the sky is falling lol
We were all young and dumb at some point lol my LFS said it would be ok

Riiiiight

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface might be okay for a month maybe two. Ive had two. They both went from one inch to six in four months. Would not put a fox in that tank at all
Respectfully disagree. Not trying to fight though, just giving my perspective on my experience. Have one 6 years going now. He was perfectly fine on the 75, zero stress observed in the fish and he is a model citizen. Don't swim as much as tangs. But yes, there are several people that think a 4' tank might be too small. I disagreed though and tried it anyway. No regrets.
Thanks for the info on the chromis! Do one spot fox faces grow to a smaller size?
Mine is a one spot.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Respectfully disagree. Not trying to fight though, just giving my perspective on my experience. Have one 6 years going now. He was perfectly fine on the 75, zero stress observed in the fish and he is a model citizen. Don't swim as much as tangs. But yes, there are several people that think a 4' tank might be too small. I disagreed though and tried it anyway. No regrets.

Mine is a one spot.
Interesting, the two Ive had were very active. Tried my one spot in my 70 for a few months while setting the big tank up and boy was she a crab apple! Lol. My magnificent thinks he is a tang Im convinced, swims with them all the time! He is huge now!

OP
OP
nature_niko

nature_niko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info on the fox face. I might try to see what happens or I might choose something else. I’ll have to think about it. My tank will have around 10-13 fish minus the centerpiece if that helps.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine must be a pacifist. Runs and hides under the frag racks when I’m working in the tank. Only time it’s flared has been when my bristletooth tang was trying to be an idiot and tried to stare him down. Tang is noticeably smaller and backed down immediately

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, the two Ive had were very active. Tried my one spot in my 70 for a few months while setting the big tank up and boy was she a crab apple! Lol. My magnificent thinks he is a tang Im convinced, swims with them all the time! He is huge now!
Lol. I do have to say, Fox faces are the quirkiest fish. Mine does all kinds of weird stuff. Never a boring moment

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back