OP
OP
J

JoeinLA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya wow thanks for asking. It’s doing well. everything is growing and seemingly thriving - including vermitid snails and, recently, bubble algae. I should post a 2 year update soon. The request is very encouraging :)

plus I owe pictures from a request a year ago!

Mark Hyman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya wow thanks for asking. It’s doing well. everything is growing and seemingly thriving - including vermitid snails and, recently, bubble algae. I should post a 2 year update soon. The request is very encouraging :)

plus I owe pictures from a request a year ago!
Hey Joe- I'd love to see those pics as well. In the early stages with my Cade 900 setup and looking for decent solutions to run a fuge/pod hotel in the sump space. Your spray bar wall looks pretty cool, though 3D printing isn't my thing yet.

OP
OP
J

JoeinLA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I ultimately ditched the whole refugium setup. The spray bar was working well for a while but over time the cheato got too big for it. I did move to a fairly simple "basket" setup for a refugium but even then it just became too messy and too hard to keep the cheato alive. I'm not sure if that tunze light wasn't strong enough or what, but, yeah, I ultimately got rid of the cheato.

I did try going with a pseudo-algae scrubber by just having algae grow in my "basket", but that also proved to be too messy and too much of a hassle in terms of cleaning / maintenance.

I do think one of the big draw backs to the Cade 900 is that the bottom sump is a bit too small. I'm not sure there's a better way to do it given that I also end up using the dry half of the stand for dosing containers, skimmer collection, and power bricks. Ultimately, I wonder if the "deep" footprint is less optimal than a wider footprint that would have allowed for a more usable sump and move dry storage space?

I'm working on my two year update, and just wanted to post something here as I was reading my update from last year to try and better focus/frame my 2 year update.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back