850 Gallon Build - Plumbing Help

1000G Nano

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2018
Messages
42
Reaction score
79
Location
Huntington Beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 850 on the stand and in the house and need some ideas for plumbing the drains. My sump is outside the house in a fish room. Here are some photos. I need to figure the best way for all 3 of my 2 in drain lines to get outside and feed into my 3 reefmat 1200s. My sump is 120x26.5x24. I want to have it raised on a stand but a worried about the drop to feed the reefmats. Thank you for any advice in advance!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
I just got my 850 on the stand and in the house and need some ideas for plumbing the drains. My sump is outside the house in a fish room. Here are some photos. I need to figure the best way for all 3 of my 2 in drain lines to get outside and feed into my 3 reefmat 1200s. My sump is 120x26.5x24. I want to have it raised on a stand but a worried about the drop to feed the reefmats. Thank you for any advice in advance!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Hi Robert,
You should consider making the wall cut out wider and taller.
take a look at these pics to get an idea.
1737922725601.jpeg

1737922990083.png

1737922908659.jpeg
 
Some of the plumbing can be done with "spaflex" so you dont need so many 90° elbows in a small space and give you some flexibility in the plumbing. I agree with danreef about making a wider cutout if framing will allow. That will make those connections by the wall so much easier. You can bunch them back closer together after gluing on the 90's if you want to.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new