93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to do some more cleaning in the tank. Everything is growing like crazy. I am really happy with the progress.

I think I need to leave my tank more often. Things seem to grow faster when I’m not staring at it all day.

TinCanHero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference is pretty obvious when you see a full shot of one. The mimic tang has body shape of an Acanthurus tang, not a Zebrasoma.

So it dose! from what i can see it also looses that yellow colour as it ages favoring a golden brown colour? pretty sweet!

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for a kole tang and found this one. Turns out it's not very common. I like the way it looks.

I asked my local shop “when did the purple tang come in?”. Turns out it’s a kole...... The pictures of some fish online do them no justice.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked my local shop “when did the purple tang come in?”. Turns out it’s a kole...... The pictures of some fish online do them no justice.

Very true. I have had both purple and kole tangs and prefer the koles in looks and algae eating ability.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is. The Inn would be incredibly expensive but nice be on the grounds.

The mansion is cool but the grounds are incredible.

We stayed in a cottage about 15 minutes away and loved it. We will go back although I doubt we see the estate again. There is so much to see and do there it's amazing. Just be ready to put up with rude drivers and uhm, less than tolerant behavior from some of it's citizens. ;)

We’re not rude drivers up here, you where almost ran off the road for your own safety. Someone was trying to help you![emoji849]

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re not rude drivers up here, you where almost ran off the road for your own safety. Someone was trying to help you![emoji849]

HAHAHAHAHA! Wow! Several times you all saved my life! I am in your debt!

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are feeding our TDO Chroma BOOST for the first time, what are your results so far? What are you feeding it to?

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Best,
Chad

Fish just arrived today so I don't expect him to eat yet. I did put a couple pellets in there for him in case he is hungry.
I soaked the pellets in selcon for 5 minutes and dropped them in one by one with a toothpick, he seemed interested but a bit spooked of me still.
He is a Orangeback Basslet; a perfect specimen to try chroma boost, he has multiple very vibrant oranges with black outlines around markings, similar to a clownfish.

IMG_20190507_173006.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are feeding our TDO Chroma BOOST for the first time, what are your results so far? What are you feeding it to?

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Best,
Chad

I would like to try these.

opening a store next year and testing products for it.

I am already going to carry the pellets from Sustainable aquatics. Good results, very little waste.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the clowns and engineer goby from @JOKER yesterday. They are healthy and eating already in my frag tank. They will stay there for observation for a month and then the goby will go in the big tank. I think Sherry wants the clowns in their own tank. Not sure yet. I was planning on taking them to work.

I also got some zoas and sps frags from him that are just beautiful! I will do maintenance today and take pics.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those rocks look good, nice and colorful.

Tank is coming along!

Thanks!

Those are the rocks I had running in the nano for a couple months before the 93 was setup.

Now, if all the rest of them would color up that well...

:)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back