supposed to be orange crush.
orangecrushmorph.jpg

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second is a rainbow echinata, not orange crush. Orange crush is all orange. Some have a small amount of brown mixed in. Not sure about the first one.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would agree with marv on the first one, and the second is for sure a rainbow, I got a nice big rainbow from joe{TRG} grows fast. I keep mine in high flow, and feed it ground up shrimp, scallops, cy-peeze, miysis. eats like a pig. I like it btter than the orange crush also. OC is a slower grower in my tank Ole green eye i call it

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First one is probably a Favia or Favites sp. Micromussa minata is not that common compared to Favia and Favites so odds are thats what it is. Also corallites appear to be closer to 10mm (by the Zoanthus polyp near the coral), rather than the 5 to 6 mm that is typical of M. minuta

Second one is most likely Acanthastrea echinata... The morph is just a common name. Portions of "rainbow" acanthastrea can look like orange crush, or vice versa.

Nice corals! :thumbleft:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back