A couple of ID's please

hernkgiggleshh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the main question I have, it has yellow polyps that extend out (They were extended at my LFS when I bought this frag). It's been a couple days and I have yet to see them extend out, trying to ID them so I can further understand their needs as far as placement, flow, and whatnot.
2015-05-31 10.50.20.jpg

The next one is some kind of encrusting/plating coral with a purpleish/brown body with green "eyes", just trying to figure out what it is, the LFS had no idea other than "encrusting coral"
2015-05-31 10.51.38.jpg

This one is a birdsnest I know, just trying to get the type of birdsnest that it is.
2015-05-31 10.52.39.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help!

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tubastrea? (Sun Coral)
Hollywood Stunner (Chalice)
Birdsnest (Seriatopora)

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hernkgiggleshh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if it's a sun coral, the polyps seem too small to be that, they were the size of a dime or less.

Hollywood stunner looks like a winner, definitely some form of chalice after I looked up the hollywood stunner.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if it's a sun coral, the polyps seem too small to be that, they were the size of a dime or less.

Hollywood stunner looks like a winner, definitely some form of chalice after I looked up the hollywood stunner.

First is a sun coral. The poyps are much smaller than a dendro. Sun coral poyps vary by size of coral itself. Generally less than an inch when extended. Dendros look different on outer skeleton and 2-3 times larger in polyp size. Both need to be manually fed.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 56 50.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back