A few questions

Diesel 2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a question. Does anybody know how I can fix my leather finger or is it just doomed? One of my snails pushed it over and broke the base of the stem right off. I just picked it up and pushed it into the sand. Not sure what to do here? Any ideas? Thanks.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robin Williams Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Welcome to R2R!!! I’m not an expert by any means but from my research, leathers are pretty hardy. I’d imagine if you secured it to a rock or frag plug/disc it would most likely recover

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! It should be fine just doing that. I have had tangs accidently frag acros and I just glue them to a plug and are fine. If it was broken at the actual base, then it should be fine. If it was broken higher up, then its questionable.

OP
OP
Diesel 2021

Diesel 2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a question. Does anybody know how I can fix my leather finger or is it just doomed? One of my snails pushed it over and broke the base of the stem right off. I just picked it up and pushed it into the sand. Not sure what to do here? Any ideas? Thanks.
Ok thank you. Would an epoxy work or would the glue be better?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you. Would an epoxy work or would the glue be better?

reef safe super glue would probably be easiest. I can’t remember what the chemical base is for such glue but I’m sure someone will chime in

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy superglue from an aquarium shop or superglue that says it aquarium safe or got pretty picture of fish on the box then i found out costs much more.
So me personally i dont want to pay more for same product if i dont have to

OP
OP
Diesel 2021

Diesel 2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I guess I should at least tell ya'll about my set up. Lol!
It's a 75 gallon tank with roughly about80 pounds of live rock ,the sand bed is a mix of crushed coral and live sand, the filtration is a fluval 110 HOB and just added today is a seachem tidal 75 with built-in skimmer, a lill green algae killer machine, and one power head. For lighting ibhave Viper Spectra v-175 full spectrum LEDS currently set at 55% Blue and 6% white. Just put them up three weeks ago so I'm still adjusting them up slowly . In the tank I have a by colored angel, a scubus tang, one purple dotty back, 4 cardinal fish,2 clowns,a brittle starfish and a snowflake eel. Lastly are the hermits and snails to do mast of the dirty work. As for the c oral there's 1 frog spawn frag, two dunking, 1 star polyp frag, 2 leather finger frags, 2 bubble tip anemones, 1 long tentikle anemone, 1 candy cane frag, 1 clove polyp frag,3 rock aanemones, purple wispy willow , 2 zoo frags and a few other corals but can't remember what they are. Lol!
That's it pretty much at this point. I would add some pics but I just added 20 pounds of sand andvits a bit cloudy. Once it clears up I'll post some as it looks quite different from what I've posted earlier today.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I guess I should at least tell ya'll about my set up. Lol!
It's a 75 gallon tank with roughly about80 pounds of live rock ,the sand bed is a mix of crushed coral and live sand, the filtration is a fluval 110 HOB and just added today is a seachem tidal 75 with built-in skimmer, a lill green algae killer machine, and one power head. For lighting ibhave Viper Spectra v-175 full spectrum LEDS currently set at 55% Blue and 6% white. Just put them up three weeks ago so I'm still adjusting them up slowly . In the tank I have a by colored angel, a scubus tang, one purple dotty back, 4 cardinal fish,2 clowns,a brittle starfish and a snowflake eel. Lastly are the hermits and snails to do mast of the dirty work. As for the c oral there's 1 frog spawn frag, two dunking, 1 star polyp frag, 2 leather finger frags, 2 bubble tip anemones, 1 long tentikle anemone, 1 candy cane frag, 1 clove polyp frag,3 rock aanemones, purple wispy willow , 2 zoo frags and a few other corals but can't remember what they are. Lol!
That's it pretty much at this point. I would add some pics but I just added 20 pounds of sand andvits a bit cloudy. Once it clears up I'll post some as it looks quite different from what I've posted earlier today.
You sound ready to start your build thread! They'll give you a badge for that (look left, under my ID) when you attach the link to your account. I didn't start mine right away either because like you first I had to join <wink> but it will be a great place for me to track my tanks' evolution.

Looking forward to hearing more!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back