5ED0C7AC-0E05-49AA-9482-7C5BAF690AA1.jpeg

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks absolutely amazing!

I only had 1 NPS Gorgonaria in the past, it was 15 tears ago when I had no idea it needs to be fed, unfortunately..
May I ask how you go with your feedings?

OP
OP
C

Cheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks absolutely amazing!

I only had 1 NPS Gorgonaria in the past, it was 15 tears ago when I had no idea it needs to be fed, unfortunately..
May I ask how you go with your feedings?
Actually I think its easy to breeding NPs than sps. I just feed them once a day, and they growth very well. You can see how fast they growth in 2 weeks

E494B24B-2312-41C3-A888-5EA556E689B1.jpeg
2568E5CE-7FB9-4BCE-8544-2A7AF94D2506.jpeg

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I think its easy to breeding NPs than sps. I just feed them once a day, and they growth very well. You can see how fast they growth in 2 weeks

E494B24B-2312-41C3-A888-5EA556E689B1.jpeg
2568E5CE-7FB9-4BCE-8544-2A7AF94D2506.jpeg
As a stick head I feel quite the opposite haha
But I guess it's more of a long term, wide kind of maintenance versus daily, but narrower kind of maintenance.

Are you spot feeding or broadcast feeding?
And what kind of food are you using?

OP
OP
C

Cheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is that tank running? And what do you feed/dose? Nutrient levels?
Looks amazing
I just running this little tank 2 months. Feed once a day but Dragon Lee told me 2-3 times a week also goes well. The dose is about half an hour to eat all artemia. We fond NPS not require of low Nutrient or phosphate level.For my tank, it’s about 25.

OP
OP
C

Cheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is that tank running? And what do you feed/dose? Nutrient levels?
Looks amazing
I just running this little tank 2 months. Feed once a day but Dragon Lee told me 2-3 times a week also goes well. The dose is about half an hour to eat all artemia. We fond NPS not require of low Nutrient or phosphate level.For my tank, it’s about 25.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate level of 25? Or do you mean nitrate?

And only artemia, nothing else?

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you spot feeding them with freshly hatched live artemia or is frozen one works as well?
I do hatch them from time to time, and even grow them to adulthood, but it's not something I would want to depend upon.

OP
OP
C

Cheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a stick head I feel quite the opposite haha
But I guess it's more of a long term, wide kind of maintenance versus daily, but narrower kind of maintenance.

Are you spot feeding or broadcast feeding?
And what kind of food are you using?
I only use artemia broadcast feeding but if a new one come,I will spot to that one.

I used breeding jellyfish before, and find NPS is really like jellyfish: all is about food. Not any requirement of nitrogen or phosphate level haha.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only use artemia broadcast feeding but if a new one come,I will spot to that one.

I used breeding jellyfish before, and find NPS is really like jellyfish: all is about food. Not any requirement of nitrogen or phosphate level haha.
Thanks for the information!
The difference between spot feeding versus broadcast feeding does make it a lot easier to maintain, now if only I'll find frozen/dry food they'll accept to eat I might give it a go :)

I'll obviously also need to find them over here, because unfortunately they don't bring them to my country anymore,
so it's mostly finding another reefer that still keeps them, but there are some I know of.

OP
OP
C

Cheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate level of 25? Or do you mean nitrate?

And only artemia, nothing else?
yes nitrate.I don’t know the phosphate level haha.
only new hatched artemia, someone will take some rotifer but I think artemia more easily for me

OP
OP
C

Cheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you spot feeding them with freshly hatched live artemia or is frozen one works as well?
I do hatch them from time to time, and even grow them to adulthood, but it's not something I would want to depend upon.
You can maintain newly hatched artemia at 4-8 centigrade fridge. That can keep them alive in a week, and not grow up.haha.
Don’t use any frozen/dry food. It really make the water smelly fast...
If only feed with alive food, exchange 20% water a week works well. That is similar with a sps tank

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can maintain newly hatched artemia at 4-8 centigrade fridge. That can keep them alive in a week, and not grow up.haha.
Don’t use any frozen/dry food. It really make the water smelly fast...
If only feed with alive food, exchange 20% water a week works well. That is similar with a sps tank
My main issue with live food is to maintain it while I'm away for a week or two.
It's one thing to teach someone to feed frozen/dry food, it's a whole other thing to try and teach them how to hatch brine shrimp though :grinning-face-with-sweat:

As for fueling the water, it is.
On my main I have enough filtration and inhabitants to consume any leftovers though, so I'm not very concerned about it, I already work with a heavy-in, heavy-out approach on a 780l SPS dominated system.

I'll need to read more on the subject and see how it goes.
Might just give it a try with a small frag.

OP
OP
C

Cheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information!
The difference between spot feeding versus broadcast feeding does make it a lot easier to maintain, now if only I'll find frozen/dry food they'll accept to eat I might give it a go :)

I'll obviously also need to find them over here, because unfortunately they don't bring them to my country anymore,
so it's mostly finding another reefer that still keeps them, but there are some I know of.
I think that because nps were difficult to breeding before. In my country, nps were very low price one year ago but dramatically rise up
in recent months. With more and more player s comes in, sellers take a great interesting in this. NPS are more wildly in the sea than reef, so i think it will not take a long time to find them everywhere ; )

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that because nps were difficult to breeding before. In my country, nps were very low price one year ago but dramatically rise up
in recent months. With more and more player s comes in, sellers take a great interesting in this. NPS are more wildly in the sea than reef, so i think it will not take a long time to find them everywhere ; )
I wish this was the reasoning behind it, although its more due to import restrictions we have here regarding anything invert related. It includes bans against whole countries, as well as bans against import of many species which makes it harder to get nice stuff over here in general.
It wasn't always like this though, so many reefers do keep things that are now harder to get.

I'm also quite amused to hear you have a thriving reefing community in China, when I visited ShenZhen and looked for anything reef related I only found equipment that was naturally produced there, but nothing more.
Hong Kong on the other hand had quite a few saltwater shops, with frag tanks and some really, really nice corals.
I know some of our imports here are actually coming from Hong Kong.

OP
OP
C

Cheung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main issue with live food is to maintain it while I'm away for a week or two.
It's one thing to teach someone to feed frozen/dry food, it's a whole other thing to try and teach them how to hatch brine shrimp though :grinning-face-with-sweat:

As for fueling the water, it is.
On my main I have enough filtration and inhabitants to consume any leftovers though, so I'm not very concerned about it, I already work with a heavy-in, heavy-out approach on a 780l SPS dominated system.

I'll need to read more on the subject and see how it goes.
Might just give it a try with a small frag.
Yep, nps are really need someone to take over every 2-3days. one week or two away that is really a problem

This guy told me he is more easily maintain his nps tank than sps, he runs his 160gallon tank for a long time, so you may discuss some issues with him;)

Back