A little overflow help

  • Thread starter Thread starter adam.1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adam.1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
cape coral
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d really like to do a bean animal overflow on this 75 gallon but space is an issue. I had planned to put the emergency drain through the side of the tank but I’m realizing maintenance is going to be terrible. I couldn’t fit 3 drains in the overflow box so I drilled in the return. I’m nervous about not gluing the return. If I don’t glue the return I can retry easily pull it all apart to clean the drains. I want to check in before I drill the 4th hole for the emergency drain. What is everyone’s thoughts ?

IMG_0199.jpeg IMG_0200.jpeg IMG_0201.jpeg
 
You could convert the return to a drain and have the return come up and over. I might know a guy who knows something about @BeanAnimal returns who might be able to help us out...
 
You could convert the return to a drain and have the return come up and over. I might know a guy who knows something about @BeanAnimal returns who might be able to help us out...
Reason I didn’t do that was I could only fit the 3/4 in the back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new