A ocean inside 750xxl(v3)

Rspsturgis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am proud to say the tank is inside and tomorrow morning it will be on the stand!!:D
Let the plumbing begin 1in for the return and 1 1/4 for the drains. I am not using any colored pipe so white will have to do but my layout should be very clean and tidy.
Let’s see that progress!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see that progress!
Time for a update you are correct :)
Cut the carpet because I wanted the tank to sit on the solid floor.
17.jpg

The 32mm adapters went on perfectly over the 42221 part and should cause less restriction than going screwing a 3/4 pipe inside.
18.jpg

Next came plumbing the returns and doing a wet test with a simple mag 9 to see how the fittings worked and make sure no leaks
19.jpg

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted some better lighting to see inside the black cabinet so I went and got some of the strip leds from Lowes putting them around the inside top of the stand.
21.jpg

Got the sump positioned and plumbed in the Jump 12k pump. This sump has loads of room and i'm impressed so far.
20.jpg

22.jpg

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted my pipes to look neat and clean without going wild and painting them so I cleaned all the lettering off and masked the pipes with painters tape and used the new professional series Sharpie than can be used on wet surfaces. Since these pipes will never be in water it will work for my needs.
23.jpg

With the pipes cleaned and all set I plumbed in the 1 1/4 drain and emergency drain
24.jpg

I will finish the manifold tomorrow and be ready to get wires routed.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, I'm so sorry to hear about your nervous breakdowns, I hope this tank can help you as mine seems to be helping me :)
If you ever want to talk feel free to message me.
Looking forward to seeing this tank progress
Thank you so much as we all deal with something, so I think it is best we focus on making new projects to occupy the mind and most importantly share with others.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey looking good! On your returns, are those just 1 inch slip unions? Thinking of doing this on my reefer for my main drain so i can add a gate valve...

Rspsturgis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a update you are correct :)
Cut the carpet because I wanted the tank to sit on the solid floor.
17.jpg

The 32mm adapters went on perfectly over the 42221 part and should cause less restriction than going screwing a 3/4 pipe inside.
18.jpg

Next came plumbing the returns and doing a wet test with a simple mag 9 to see how the fittings worked and make sure no leaks
19.jpg
Looks great! Can you measure the dimensions of the overflow box and distance between pipes? Not using the ATO reservoir I see. Direct from RODI? Or reservoir in cabinet? Congrats.

Rosie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a fantastic present from your family! I'm looking forward to following your build thread!

I also find peace with my tank, whether it's going really well or horribly wrong, it keeps my mind occupied and focussed. :)

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey looking good! On your returns, are those just 1 inch slip unions? Thinking of doing this on my reefer for my main drain so i can add a gate valve...
Yes just normal 1in slip unions over the 32mm to 1in converter
Wow! I'm so glad to see you got it inside! Never ever wait on something. If you need help, text me!!!! We'll find a way.
Well actually one of the guys read my post and a moving company sent some people to do it. You guys need to come up some time and we can sit and chat.
Your plumbing is beautiful! I'm just learning that part. You make it look easy.
Thank you as it took me a day and a half to do that because I measure 3 times and cut once but even then I still worry.
Looks great! Can you measure the dimensions of the overflow box and distance between pipes? Not using the ATO reservoir I see. Direct from RODI? Or reservoir in cabinet? Congrats.
I will get the measurements later today. I have the RODI running to a hidden 32gal rubbermaid enclosed behind a big chair and can't be seen. Its currently being used on my 80 gal about 7 feet away but all will be switched over once this tank is ready.

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job Matt, glad the tank is finally on the stand and you moving along quickly bro!! Very jealous you get to plumb yours, mine hasn't even been built yet lol.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would love to see your tank and pick your brain. I hope ya don't mind me nosing around your sump too. I always see things I haven't thought of.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see your tank and pick your brain. I hope ya don't mind me nosing around your sump too. I always see things I haven't thought of.
Yes please anytime, and I am the same way when I look at build I always see something I haven't thought of as that is what makes doing this so much fun.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back