-A PERFECTLY SUCCESSFUL FAILURE-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He's exactly right, the craftsman ship on the glass work is impeccable. The acrylic spacer inside the overflow was just cut way to tight. no slack at all. It took three years but once the strainer bowed about a 1/16 of an inch, that was all it took to push the seem apart.

So an update as well,

Pieces finally arrived, and I have the tank back on line as of last Wednesday. I did however trim the acrylic inset tremendously on all sides so now ]=it much smaller and only serves to keep the strainer lightly in place. I did explain the issue to them in detail as well and i believe that they will make that piece a lot less snug in the future.

Thanks for chiming in as well Floyd

Last edited:

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you got everything back up and running Adam. You managed to save everything as well right? No loss at all?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad to hear you got everything back up and running Adam. You managed to save everything as well right? No loss at all?

unfortunately no, i did end up loosing a couple super gem colonies and a powder brown I've had for like 7 years:(

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, sorry to hear that dude :( I loved seeing that powder brown of yours. Was and still is one of my favorite fish.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yeah kind of sad about that one. he was the first one i pulled before i realized that I didn't have to dran it completely. He ended up downstairs in the 4x4 tank with a super aggressive atlantic blue. Didn't realize he was getting mauled till it was too late:( never happy to lose a fish, especially like that .

Last edited by a moderator:

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bummer............I don't see very many colorful & healthy powder browns. I'm sure whatever you did to get that one looking so great, you can do again.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bummer............I don't see very many colorful & healthy powder browns. I'm sure whatever you did to get that one looking so great, you can do again.

Its funny, you got me thinking. It's amazing how much larger my fish have gotten in the last couple years, in the new larger tanks upstairs. 5-6 year old rabbits have gone from 4-5 inches to 8 or more.

They look like big old bluegills swimming around in there. Never had fish this big. I wish that old powder brown would have been around to make the transfer.

larcat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh, glad I stumbled on this thread. Just requested a quote from Miracles this morning -- Getting a new tank due to a failure in our old one last night.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
before i pulled it though
So sorry to hear about your losses, but glad it wasn't worse. Your preparedness is amazing!

Hey Thanks a lot! Oddly enough after all this time, I just took this display down temporarily and I'm going to reset it up in my office.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back