A reef on the 10th floor

I am glad you are recovering as well as your tank. I was a fan of your tank before and it is still a beauty. May you have the best of health from now on.
Thank you very much for the very kind words.
The tank is recovering well and I hope the lifestyle changes I made after surgery are going to buy me some time despite I stopped taking all medication due to the side effects I was having. Nowadays I take care of my body in a similar way to what we do with our reefs... blood work every month and parameters adjusted through the foods I eat. It is like doing an ICP test!!
My fish are still lucky as I keep feeding them 3x a day while I only eat one meal a day!
 
Lots of ups and downs, almost quit the hobby... now I am back and things are starting to look up.


So glad to see you and you’re beautiful reef BACK!!
 
Great to see you back! Always been a beautiful tank. Please share the bad as well as the good so others struggling can see they are not alone and there is light at the end.
 
What an incredible bounce back.

Do you have any issues with the Picasso trigger and your corals?
 
Great to see you back! Always been a beautiful tank. Please share the bad as well as the good so others struggling can see they are not alone and there is light at the end.
I am sorry for not making things clearer, main issues were related to my own struggle after my heart attack and my wife fighting cancer for the second time, a few times I just lost the motivation and stopped taking care of the tank.

To be honest a couple of months back and I thought about leaving the hobby for good, then while my wife was having surgery I suddenly saw the hobby as something that could keep my mind busy and in the end it really helped me alleviate some of the stress I was having. (sorry for my poor broken English).

There were periods that I didn´t care to do water changes or testing, there were times the glass was so full of algae that was hard to see corals or fish, dirty pumps and low flow, Alkalinity swings and so on.

Many, many thanks.
 
What an incredible bounce back.

Do you have any issues with the Picasso trigger and your corals?
This trigger has been with me for the past three years and he does not touch corals or anything but he can upset corals placed at the bottom because it spends all day moving sand from left to right and back! It is not a major problem in my tank but time to time I have to grab a turkey baster and blow some sand off the clams.
 
I hope you are both recovering well from your health challenges. Sometimes life is not fair. Hopefully your lives will improve from now on. Tank is still beautiful, thanks for sharing.
 
I hope you are both recovering well from your health challenges. Sometimes life is not fair. Hopefully your lives will improve from now on. Tank is still beautiful, thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much for the very kind words. Things are getting better, I feel alright, wife is back home, things are looking up. Thank you!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new