• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

A TOTAL DISASTER.. DREAMS RUINED

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been meaning to let everyone know what happened to me.. so that anyone else that wants to go the route I did, will at least have an idea of what could happen.. since this happened to me.. I have had several people tell me that these people messed their orders up and their tanks had to be remade as well.. I went on and got approval from the higher ups on R2R before I posted anything.. and I'm good to go.. this is a long post.. with that said I'm going to just share the email I sent to the secretary of this business, which pretty much explains what happened... then I will post pictures and what I have going on ATM..

Email..

Hi Donna this is Amy .. I also wanted to explain to you my situation.. I know that chris already did some of it.. but I wasn't on the phone so here goes..
I am a single mother and the saltwater hobby is a dream of mine and a hobby I truly love.. I started with a 30 gallon and have a 75 gallon now that I switched from fresh to saltwater and I have been saving money for two years to get the tank of my dreams.. the 100 gallon long.. a friend of mine bought his from you guys and when I found out that you were only 3.5 hours away.. I immediately knew I was going to turn to you guys to build my tank as soon as I come up with the money.. I finally was able to order the tank and was told it would be ready in two weeks.. which would have been 5/9/2017 (that was even written on the paper, in the aquarium pick up on 5/9).. I called and spoke with you guys and said I would not be able to pick up until 5/10 because chris and I were both off work on this day.. I was super excited on Tuesday and called to confirm it would be ready and was told it wasn't and it would be ready on Friday 5/12.. on Wednesday afternoon, I get a call from you guys saying it was ready so I knew I was coming on Thursday to pick up by myself because I was to excited to wait until Friday.. I didn't even sleep because I was to excited.. I get in my truck and head your way at 5 am.. to reach you at 8:30 when you open.. I pull up and was told to back in.. and when they asked me who I was and I told them.. they all looked at each other.. the young man who was awesome all day immediately said it wasn't ready.. I said really? He takes me to the tank to look at it.. another guy says that they can have it ready soon.. I said that's fine, I will wait, no rush, because I want it done right, but want to take it home with me today.. the one guy who helped me all day took me around and showed me all of the fish.. the second guy walks up and says it will be about 20 mins.. the first guy says will it be dry enough for her to take it? And he said he would clamp it down all the way around and stabilize it.. about 20 mins later we walk back to the tank and the older man (owner) comes out and basically tells me he won't let me take it in my truck.. saying the tailgate would bust it.. I said I'm taking the tank today.. I drove 3.5 hrs here, haven't slept and was told it was ready.. he said well mam.. most people come in a full size truck to pick up a 6ft long tank.. I said well I didn't know.. so I considered that very rude.. quickly thinking I suggest getting a uhaul and so I did so.. I spent $110 on the rental, $25 on a hitch and ball and $15 on a pin for the lights.. just to get the tank home.. as they loaded it.. I'm informed that it will be two weeks before I can add water.. I thought he was kidding.. I told him I have a tank in the middle of my living room ready for transfer.. I bought fish from you guys for my brother and he was the one getting the tank I already had.. so after arriving at 8:30am and leaving at 2:30pm several hundred dollars less than I ever expected to spend.. I drive to my friends house that suggested you guys in the first place for him to help me with the plumbing.. that was when I was able to actually see the tank for the first time since it was glued together.. as you can see.. it's obviously a 20 min throw together.. none of the bracing is siliconed correctly.. some even crooked.. and what is siliconed is sloppy.. not all the way across, and oozing out everywhere.. I do know that some tanks that are rimless do have eurobracing and some do not.. this one looks like a rimless with a cheap piece of plastic glued to the outside to give the look of a framed tank.. the plastic is already coming away from the glass in areas.. nor do the seams connect.. the glass isn't beveled or nicely finished.. on the edges it looks busted.. for some reason the whole center back was left open.. I never planned on having a hang on the back and I see when the tank was ordered you never wrote down on the paper to leave that out..
Bottom line is I'm sick over all of this.. I waisted a whole day and a ton of money to get there and be slapped in the face.. I still don't have the tank I wanted and even if you guys fix the problem I'm going to have to wait another month or longer at least.. this is completely disheartening and unacceptable..
this is what I want to happen..
1 a full refund and someone can pick the tank up.. I will choke up the money for gas time and the uhaul receiver, ball and pin adapter..
2. The tank gets replaced with either a framed tank with a true frame or a rimless.. I do not want a rimless with the "look" of a frame.. all of the stacked glass looks horrible and the glued on plastic is not ok with me.. leave the plastic off and put a true frame or make it rimless..
someone suggest asking for half my money back and keeping this one but that isn't a option for me.. because I do not trust the use of this tank.. as it looks like it was thrown together by someone whom didn't know what they were doing in their garage.. please let me know what we can do from here..

Pictures below and will be happy to send more if needed..

cid:285E9525-1359-4CC0-97FB-8D1731D71C76

cid:E5F3D870-88FB-4B1D-B03D-CE4067EF0D0A

cid:D1A40786-257B-41FA-A346-F08E4E5C1B40

cid:8179EEB7-F275-4227-9806-979232D3C533

cid:DA13045D-DDD5-46ED-883F-0DA7E3AD9861

cid:8DC661CB-BBEB-4859-95E7-3CA9D70C39F0

cid:2392AFBB-DFF2-4D21-855E-E4A5FE4B717B

~*$i$taWolf*~

The pics are from email.. if they don't load I will add as a attachment..
Let me also add that when the owner came out and stated he couldn't let me take the tank in my truck.. that I drive a Toyota Tacoma.. that the uhaul that I rented was a single axle and bounced way worse than my truck tailgate.. and the best part. He wanted to deliver the tank but stated they only stop in Huntsville Al and Birmingham Al. Huntsville is 1.5 hours away from me and Birmingham is 1 hour away.. so therefore.. I would STILL be in my truck to get it home from these stopping points..
I didn't add in the email how super freaking mad I was at the point of the gentleman telling me I couldn't put water in the tank for two weeks and how we went to the "graveyard" tanks for me to look at.. I decided to purchase one of the graveyard tanks just to put the remaining fish and corals in so I could remove the 75 gallon out of my house that I had drained to move to the middle of my main room on Wednesday night to prepare for the new tank and stand coming home Thursday.. the guys walking me around to by the company time kind of hid the sale of the smaller tank because they would get in trouble for selling it at a lower price even though I felt it was deserved.. I didn't want to get them into trouble for helping me out.. I also didn't add that the smaller tank was $50 and I purchased $50 worth of fish.. and give him $50 for a tip and some bulkheads..
The name of this business is GLASSCAGES.COM.. Chris talked to Donna over the phone and was asked to take pics and email so I took it from there.. I knew if I called it would have turned ugly.. she told him it would be later that day (Friday) or Monday before she could talk to the owner and let us know what can be done.. so of course.. I have not heard back from them yet.. so in these pics that follow.. you will see the set up I have currently.. I had to put most of my coral in my 40 breeder and lost a tang fish and a two snails in this whole process.. and you can see where the tank is that should be on the stand.. in my bedroom floor.. :(

IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so the images that were in the email didn't post so I will add them now.. these are the tank pictures i sent showing the quality of work done by these people at glasscages

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4855.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4857.JPG

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4859.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

IMG_4861.JPG

IMG_4862.JPG

IMG_4863.JPG

IMG_4864.JPG

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FOLLOW UP ON RUINED TANK...
This email is for the manager Beth which is the person that donna referred chris to talk to.. donna first called and said they would be refunding me the $541 today.. I had chris call back with the amount that will be refunded to include the uhaul and my gas and parts I purchased and that's when the manager had to step in.. she basically called us a lier and blamed us for the tank being half done.. here is the email and picture

You just got off the phone with Chris and I'm emailing you so I can have this documented.. he said you told him that you spoke with me when the tank was ordered and told me that there is a minimum of 3 weeks of time for a tank to be built.. first of all.. you never spoke to me not once.. I asked chris to order the tank for me because I had a drs appt. I give him payment information and he called and spoke to donna.. the tank designer.. she took all the information and chris was told someone would call back for payment information and they did so.. not you but another lady.. donna said the tank would be ready in 14 days.. I added it up and p/u landed on 5/9 (which was written on the paper inside the tank.. pic below) I called a few days after the order was placed to get the measurements of the bulkheads that were being drilled and at that time I told the lady that we would not be able to pick up until the 10th because my bf and I were both off work on wednesdays.. On Tuesday I called and asked if it was ready and was told it was not and wouldn't be ready till Friday.. my boyfriend moves all of his appts for Friday so we can pick up and on Wednesday afternoonI get a phone call telling me my tank was ready.. I was so excited I couldn't sleep.. I left my house at 5 am to arrive 3.5 hours later at your business and at the time you open.. 8:30 am.. to be told the tank wasn't ready.. and you can refer back to my other email from this point.. you told my boyfriend that we called harrassing you to have the tank ready by Friday.. that's a complete lie.. you also told chris that you had no record of me purchasing lockline and bulkheads.. well that's not my fault.. maybe you need to get up with your workers on that.. you also don't have me down for purchasing a $100 in fish I assume which I did so..
I can't believe that I have been through all of this and you are making it out like it's our fault.. I expect a refund of $541 placed in my PayPal account or using the card given without any charges on my part from PayPal.. within 30 mins.. and I will keep the tank.. or you can refund me the whole amount for the tank, uhaul gas and bulkheads and I will accommodate you by letting your company pick the tank up at my house by Friday 5/19/2017.. you can't expect me to do everything you asked me to do.. and then swallow the money I'm out and then meet you with the tank.. that's crazy.. put yourself in my shoes for a second and tell me you wouldn't feel the same way I do.. I know for a fact there have been MANY MANY MANY people you guys have done this to.. and I have spoke with them all.. if things are not at my satisfactory.. I will report you to the BBB.. I will tell my story on every saltwater, freshwater, and terrrarium wanters all over Facebook that I can along with everyone that has had problems with your company and every single forum that I'm on.. starting with the biggest forum that I have already posted about my situation on and have millions waiting on the outcome of this story and that's Reef2Reef.com.. you will never have a chance to sell and screw over anyone again.. you have a choice.. you can make this right like anyone in the world with a business would do.. or don't.. your choice.. I expect a reply email of your decision by 4 pm today.. thanks and have a blessed day.. my PayPal is the same as my email or refund using the debit given.. either $541 and I keep tank or
Aquarium $541
Uhaul rental $140
Gas there and back $70
Linelock and bulkheads $50
Total $801
And you may pick tank up at my residents by Friday 5/19/2017

cid:D8AAE1A1-6D48-47C4-9F62-01699AABB5A9

~*$i$taWolf*~

IMG_4902.JPG

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ ;Smuggrin

Yup only buyer and vendor post permitted within feedback.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back