OP
OP
aarbutina

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... What a Journey. Standing Up and Clapping.. " Standing " O " Bro.... You got HEART.....Great Job... Dedicated...Inspiring Really...

Thanks @CasaReefer. I found @NCreefguy stickied thread over in the nuisance algae forum to be super helpful. Big shout out to him.

OP
OP
aarbutina

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 days in and there are only a couple small patches of bryopsis left. I am really starting to wonder why I didn't try this sooner. I think it was all the mixed reviews on the treatment in general. That being said, I have seen no negative impact on my tank, except for the death of the bryopsis, but I don't think you would call that a negative.

OP
OP
aarbutina

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 days into the Flux RX treatment and I will say I think the algae is beat and still no signs of stress on any of the tanks inhabitants. There still may be a couple remnants of the bryopsis that still need to die off but they are few and far between. For now I am going to stop document with the daily photos since based on the comparison shoots there is no visible change any longer.

For now I am going to skip the big water change the is suppose to happen after two weeks and continue the treatment for another week to ensure those last few tufts of bryosis are truly gone first.

OP
OP
aarbutina

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well keeping up with my trend of not updating often, it has been 274 days since I My last post here. My how time flys when your having fun or your are in the middle of a global pandemic.

On the plus side there has been no sign of the bryopsis making a return. I would say this is a big win. I would use FluxRx again in a heart beat.

Additionally it also does seem that three and a half years after first putting water in it, I am able to enjoy the tank more than I worry about it. For whatever reason it was a rougher start than I have had with previous tanks but it is finally starting to into its own.

Now what fun would it be if there want a little bit of adversity. I have been battling a small infestation of AEFWs since March. My main tool in this battle is KZs FTStop, which seems to be keeping them mostly at bay. I normally only see bit marks on one or two corals at a time and the corals that are being affected kind of rotates around. Right now they are pretty focused on my piece of Tri Color, which is normally the proverbial canary in the coal mine of these thing anyway from my understanding. So it’s a double dose KZ FTS every day and then blowing the corals off with a turkey baster most mornings before the lights go on. Here is a photo of the monster I blew off today. This is not the first time I have seen on this big come off my corals in the past couple months. It’s actually the typical size I’m seeing when I see something. Just thought I’d share in case anyone wanted to have some nightmares tonight.

7B1714B8-149B-4DA8-B0D8-083C8299D6B4.jpeg

OP
OP
aarbutina

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... just when I though I was having all the fun I could have with the AEFW...

F8AD9B1D-1709-411C-8289-78F95E71BB86.jpeg

OP
OP
aarbutina

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so it doesn’t like I’m always making doom and gloom posts, I‘ll say there are certainly some things going right with the tank.
Here is a photo of my piece of WWC Culture is just starting to take off and color up in my tank. Excited to see it reach its full potential. So far the AEFW that really do seem to be controlled daily well by the KZFWStop have left this piece completely alone.

4973940D-17D0-490E-870A-FD1E7C345498.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back