- Joined
- Jun 30, 2016
- Messages
- 2,852
- Reaction score
- 4,111
- Location
- Texas
- What state or country do you live in
- Texas
Maybe try a piece of fishing line in the middle thru the acrylic up the light rack for added support in the center?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Maybe try a piece of fishing line in the middle thru the acrylic up the light rack for added support in the center?
Got some mounts for the controllers. No more Velcro that doesn’t hold.
![]()
This is the second test run of the supports for the tops. This test run is with 1 3/8” closet rods. I painted them white with water resistant deck paint. They are working well except for the middle one. It says too much and is in the water. I will replace the middle one with a
1 3/8” iron rod.
![]()
I’m using acrylic sheets as my tops. Got them from a local vendor for a good price. They don’t full fit (front to back they cover 90-95%) but for the price I couldn’t pass them up.
![]()
Maybe try putting the wood or iron rod inside a pvc pipe to make it waterproof and provide extra rigidity.
Have you thought about using the clear corrugated plastic roofing panels? You can get them at Lowe’s/HD. You might not have to use the cross bars or could use fewer. A lot of people use them over indoor ponds to help keep humidity down.
This is an awesome build . It is inspiring me to build one this large when the time is right . I have a question, and please others with Large tanks chime in . Do you have to change out that much water a month ? Wouldn’t it stay pretty low , I mean unless you have like 3-400 fish . With Tanks this Large wouldn’t it be easier to just replace elements with a calcium reactor and do water changes like every 3-4 months
I was just curious if you have to cycle the tank still even tho your using sea water already?
Wife wanted to go couch shopping for the front of the tank. She ended up shopping for stacked stone. This is a very very proud and happy time for me.
I still have some more to finish next week I’m home.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Where did you guys get that stone? I want it for something not tank related and it would be perfect.