Aaron's 1,000+ gallon reef build

Wow! This is one of the most insane builds I've ever seen...and I've seen a lot of crazy builds over the years. But, I've never seen someone build a GIANT tank on the floor of the garage! I guess you could call it a pond? Great work though
 
Well it took 3 tries to get the skimmer running. I bought this skimmer knowing it had a crack in the return line. This crack was so much harder to repair than I anticipated. For now I am keeping the skimmer right there in front of the TV just so that I can monitor it and learn how it works. Once I’m comfortable and confident with it I’ll move it outside and plumb it in. This skimmer has an unknown rating, but a few people I’ve talked to that own it say it’s good up to 4,000 gallon systems. It holds 15 gallons of water, it’s a beast!
1ef19a9e35df2ac3d301f55d51e2b559.jpg

ddbee139d6eec077e1df7be94c6bf1bc.jpg

159e253b63775418bf9d0701d7d9de46.jpg

Here’s the air pump for It
360659e0aa66f3fc206f1c6eb22dc242.jpg
 
Last edited:
Originally the idea was to QT my fish. At this point I’m not. I have everything needed to do so though. So start QTing
I strongly suggest qtung ur fish. It would suck to have 50 fish in there and to have a velvet/ich break out
 
I strongly suggest qtung ur fish. It would suck to have 50 fish in there and to have a velvet/ich break out

I do agree with you. But when I’m ordering 20 fish at a time, how would I QT that many? It’s not like I order 1 fish a month you know. So I’m kind of at a crossroads right now
 
I do agree with you. But when I’m ordering 20 fish at a time, how would I QT that many? It’s not like I order 1 fish a month you know. So I’m kind of at a crossroads right now
I hear the problem . hope u dont have any issues i got bunt to many times
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new