About Broodstock tank design

Jiin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am trying to design a new broodstock tank which has 8~12 divided section or tank for each clownfish pair.

Due to lack of experiences, I have questions like below..

1) What is minimum dimension for each section for a pair of clownfish?

I have read famous article and thread, and they say it has to be 30cm depth(vertically) and 30cm wide(from the front view), at least. But some clips on YouTube and photos from some breeders, it seemed narrower and shallower.

So I was Just wondering is there anybody who had succeeded in any smaller dimension?

Now I am thinking of trying 25cm depth, and 20cm wide.

2) About divider,
I am thinking water comes at the first tank(or section) and overflow into sump at the last tank at the rack,

In this case, each divider has to have overflow area, or hole on it to flow the water to next section. I was worrying about that a pair of clownfish can see the other clownfish at the next section, So is it okay for them? do they feel harmful or nervous for that and do not spawn?

or is it totally okay once they divided physically even though they can see each other?

Screenshot_20191005-202708_Instagram.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jiin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I attach what I found on YouTube (Arizona fish keeping)

Screenshot_20191005-203537_YouTube.jpg

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend 5-10 gallons for each clownfish pair, and yes it matters, make sure they can't see each other or they will try to fight.

OP
OP
J

Jiin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend 5-10 gallons for each clownfish pair, and yes it matters, make sure they can't see each other or they will try to fight.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, It seems better not to take the risks..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back