? about fish compatibility

I

inactive

View Badges
I would not, the tang might be aggressive due to the tank size... I recommend a 8-10 foot long tank at least.

110reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probably have aggression when you first put the new fish in. There are ways to deal with this, its all about the fish's perceived territory. Generally, once the existing fish gets used to the new fish, the aggression will cease, or at least be reduced to an occasional chase around the tank. So the trick is to stop the dangerous attacks until the new fish gets acclimated and the old fish gets used to the newcomer. Here are ways that work:

1. Add a mirror to the side of the tank. The existing fish will be so busy fighting its own reflection it will pay no mind to the newcomer.
2. Re-arrange the rockwork. Creates a brand new territory, both fish are now on an even footing.
3. Erect barriers in the tank, like eggcrate. That way the new fish is protected while the old fish gets used to seeing it in its territory.
4. Put new fish in a hamster ball or other type enclosure, same as #3 above.
5. Throw a large scary object in the tank, for example, a fish net. The old fish will be scared of it, the new fish can hide behind it.

Anyway, these are tricks that have worked for me. Good luch, I hope it works out for you. And maybe the tang will not care about a new angel. You never know!

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You say that the PB is already aggressive so I wouldn't do it. If he wasn't so bad then you might could get away with it but that isn't a very big tank to have such big fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back