Abyzz A200 pump and Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 3 230W side by side

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the cost of that pump I would expect a lot more in the form of protective packaging. And arriving damaged is really inexcusable, bubble wrap only costs pennies.

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a support ticket and have been talking to the CEO, the CEO responded with "Any issues we have you covered" So I am going to post the shipping issue to the support ticket and see what the support person says.

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the cost of that pump I would expect a lot more in the form of protective packaging. And arriving damaged is really inexcusable, bubble wrap only costs pennies.

The inside of the Abyzz box is silly. They cut the square on the double cardboard and leave a cardboard for them to flip and put the pump down to that square. The controller is the same thing, just a cut to fit size square for the controller. Below is the top cardboard portion that will fix the pump in place. And as you see when I opened it up the hole that supposed to secure the pump outlet is shifted. The whole pump moved and bumped the controller. The pump is and controller is so heavy there is no way you just use cardboard cutout to fix them...

DSC_1656.jpg

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a support ticket and have been talking to the CEO, the CEO responded with "Any issues we have you covered" So I am going to post the shipping issue to the support ticket and see what the support person says.
Good thing you file the shipping issue through them!
I bought mine during Thanksgiving deal on Premium Aquatic. A very good deal that this A200 cost around $1500... But it is a drop ship item from CoralVue. I think maybe this is the reason that I didn't feel that they want to replace the controller for me... Or I am too soft on pushing it.

Below is the din and dent on the controller. And the chip on the inlet. Coralvue got me covered and sent me the replacement front cover of the pump. For the controller I didn't force them to replace so it is what it is. It still works for me so I don't really care at this point right now. But am definitely very upset on how the pump been packaged...

DSC_1661.jpg
DSC_1659.jpg

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The box the new controller was sent in was hardly big enough for just the controller, they put one wrap of bubbles around it and some paper. The box really needed to be bigger!

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Sad to hear that you are going through this on a $2k pump. Just from your experiences here, its an easy decision for me. I will not be buying one. I watch closely to see how things go for you. Hopefully the pump will work and you will have no issues.

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased mine from Bulk Reef Supply and I have been talking to them about just returning it. They do not seem to want to do that either. They want me to send it to them so they can test it and replace it if needed or get coralvue to just fix it.

If it would have come damaged with I purchased it I would have asked for a replacement right there. even at $1500 it should be in good condition.

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Sad to hear that you are going through this on a $2k pump. Just from your experiences here, its an easy decision for me. I will not be buying one. I watch closely to see how things go for you. Hopefully the pump will work and you will have no issues.

My understanding people have had these running for several years without issue!

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding people have had these running for several years without issue!
Yep. The Abyzz pump itself is amazing. D E A D silent. I added a manifold due to updating the pump. Previously I used mag drive 9.5 which is 90W, now with Abyzz I only use 45 W with an additional manifold and still get the same sump flow. Plus I can still crank it up if I want it.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though it's dead silent and runs for years without issue I'd still be livid if it showed up at my door with any sort of damage. And I'd be asking for a full replacement but fortunately it will be a little while before I'm shopping around for a $2000+ pump so hopefully they work out the kinks :)

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still want to replace my return pump with one of these. At this point, I am not sure which one it will be. The A100 is perfect for the job but I can not have my return pump offline at all.

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though it's dead silent and runs for years without issue I'd still be livid if it showed up at my door with any sort of damage. And I'd be asking for a full replacement but fortunately it will be a little while before I'm shopping around for a $2000+ pump so hopefully they work out the kinks :)

I will see what they say tomorrow.

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newest news, I will be testing and providing feedback on a new controller that is coming out next year. So, for now, I will be using this one I got today until they are ready with the new one.

Alot of frustration has turned into a great situation for me.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newest news, I will be testing and providing feedback on a new controller that is coming out next year. So, for now, I will be using this one I got today until they are ready with the new one.

They weren't willing to let you be the tester of there new packaging methods?? ;)

BHHOWARD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Abyzz pumps have been the holy grail for me since mr.wilson installed on nineball's tank. Disappointed they have some packaging issues to resolve. It is good to see they are now more readily available, but I'll wait a while longer before I purchase so they can resolve that issue.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's good news. They are probably trying to get some good press and buzz. Keep us informed. I"m staying away for a while as well. My reeflo dart is a tank and I will deal with the hum for a while longer. Maybe they will have a dc pump soon.

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasted news is both pumps are still working out great. I added 2 1" Omni Flex Nozzles to the outputs of the Red Dragon 3. The flow out is amazing, I am glad I added them.
I also received my 10 year certificate for the warranty on the Abyzz Pump.

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I faxed it around the 15 of November and then about a week later I mailed if just to be sure.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 99 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back