AC3 pro temperature probe

Robka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1393991808.421050.jpg

If anyone has this controller please let me know how to splice or extend my temp prob cable. Neptune is no longer making this accessory for my AquaController III pro ( which angers me, as this system was purchased 5 yrs ago ( not 25 yrs ago) & I should be able to purchase replacement accessories) they suggested headset wire extension, but will this effect my temperature readings? Or if someone has a temp prob 10ft or longer, I would love any suggestions. I moved my reef and the new location requires 9-10ft minimum length for my temperature probe & my probe is only 6ft.
I just wasn't sure if the inside of the temperature probe wire is the same configuration & shielding as the wire made for music headsets?

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the AC3 used of course for my 130g. I to have posted on where to find replacement parts. Looks like we are on our own. Oh well how's the AC3 Pro working out for you?

OP
OP
Robka

Robka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the AC3 used of course for my 130g. I to have posted on where to find replacement parts. Looks like we are on our own. Oh well how's the AC3 Pro working out for you?

I moved, so I am in the process of setting up new system, right now my old tank inhabitants are in a holding tank I set up, but before I moved the AC3 pro worked great. Only had a couple times where it didn't shut off lights, but I think it was caused by malfunctioning ballest? We can still get the other probes, because they are universal, but if you need a temperature probe you will have to check secondary market. I purchased an adapter online to extend my temp probe & so far it looks like it is working:)

Good luck

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved, so I am in the process of setting up new system, right now my old tank inhabitants are in a holding tank I set up, but before I moved the AC3 pro worked great. Only had a couple times where it didn't shut off lights, but I think it was caused by malfunctioning ballest? We can still get the other probes, because they are universal, but if you need a temperature probe you will have to check secondary market. I purchased an adapter online to extend my temp probe & so far it looks like it is working:)

Good luck

Hey thanks for the feedback, good to know. I am happy using the AC3 at the moment but eventually I too will upgrade to a newer model. So what kind of controller will you be using for your new setup?

OP
OP
Robka

Robka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I am going to continue to use my AC3pro as it can control everything I'm running. I'm just redoing my old system after moving

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 97 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back