Acan ID and questions

If it does happen to be M. diminuta it really isnt much different care wise
The reason there isn't much info on its captive care requirements is because, like I mentioned it gets imported and sold as a favia, same thing happens with many species of goniastrea, astrea, phymastrea, plesiastrea. if If you show the majority of these corals to a hobbisty, they will call it a favia.

Screenshot_20210524-182507_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210524-182443_Chrome.jpg
I was just wondering if I can put other acans near it or if that is not a good idea. I know favia have longer sweepers and need to have quite a lot of space
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new