Acan Pest?

athenagrace

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Cave Creek
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I bought this Acan about 2 weeks ago. It doesn’t look so great and it hasn’t been improving. It appears to be receding and just seems generally unhappy. Last night, before lights out, I noticed this weird thing on the edge of it and I watched it for a few minutes. I didn’t see it move at all, however, it was gone when I woke up this morning. I’m sorry it’s a bad pic, it was the best I could get. Any ideas?

A4E64CAC-37F5-4EA7-9D15-E9CFC841B284.jpeg
 
If it is actually moving but it didn't move in front of you, it's probably not an amphipod as it sort of looks like in the pic... it could be some kind of asterina, snail, flatworm, or nudibranch, but I can't tell from the pic.

I think your task for the next night is to wait until after dark, look for it, and if you see it.... pull the frag, put it in a bucket, and try to get a better look or even pull it off to examine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new