Acans lost the battle

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up to find some nasty goo connecting an Acan colony to the edge of a Lobo. I knew they were stinging each other so i cleared the mess out and moved the Acans away. It turns out that the Acans lost the battle and 6 heads were destroyed in the process. The majority of the colony still exists but do I need to do anything to help them grow again?
In order for new growth to begin in the area that was stung, do i need to cut away the dead skeleton or will the new Acan heads regrow over it?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. What you saw were mesenterial filaments and the Lobo was literally digesting your micromussa. Keep a distance between LPS unless they are the same species, that will help with battles between your corals.

OP
OP
MPS

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. What you saw were mesenterial filaments and the Lobo was literally digesting your micromussa. Keep a distance between LPS unless they are the same species, that will help with battles between your corals.
For sure. Thanks, I’ve moved the acan colony to another side of the tank, near other Acans.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back